Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'd keep Brazilians and Argentinians, there's a few starter SBCs where its handy to have them as first owner (+1 chem) as the SBCs require multiple leagues and one nation, which those are probably the two best for. I'd probably keep any golds from top 5 leagues that you can only sell for 400 as you can use them to complete marquee match up SBCs every Thursday which give good packs/easy profit

I'd do all of the starter SBCs, I've been pretty lucky on packs from them and made 200k+ from them alone. Handy to check Futbin for solutions and work from there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Not yet but it's only been two days since I got access to the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Is there a loyalty bug? Have 19 games played with my team and none of players I bought have loyalty.

Edit: Looks like it was just a visual glitch!

Post edited by v3ttel on

This is absolutely nuts. Just played a friendly where everything was reversed. Opponents player name was over my players. When he scored, I went 1-0 up. When I scored, it counted for him. I had 76% possession and 10 xG, but it shows as if he had it. Though at the end, it did show that I had won 3-1 rather than him. Very bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

So wait, do rivals reset every season and everyone starts in div 10 again?

I just can’t comprehend what’s really going on, not being able to get relegated seems so daft unless it’s a case that you start from div 10 each season which is also an awful idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Same. I’ve no idea what’s going on at all in rivals.

Have to say Lloris is incredible in goals this year.

I tried a Spanish team but had to come back to EPL for Lloris.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I'm up to season 6 now and can not get those two wins in a row to even progress to the first checkpoint so stuck in purgatory. The only thing worse than being stuck like this would be if they relegated everyone including the Div 1 quality players back to Div10 when season 1 ends

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Not 100% sure but I think you stay in the same division you were in but at the starting rank?

Got bored last night too so decided to do a bit of trading - silver trading was working wonders, mainly using silvers for the one-nation midfield SBC. Then started with the 84s and listing them for lazy buys, one Felipe just sold for a 1.8k profit. Bronze pack method isn’t half bad either, only opened two but made a tiny bit of profit - 800 coins. Up to about 40k in value on my transfer list after starting with 10k yday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Hate this new system, win a few games early on and now I'm stuck losing 10 in a row against teams like this and I'm only in Division 6

I read that everyone gets relegated one division at the end of each season.

The thing I'm confused about is FUT champions qualification - how far do you get to auto qualify for next weeks playoffs/weekend league?

It really feels that they've closed this off to a large amount of the player base. Seems to be a couple of bars to clear. In the lower divisions, you seem to get little to no qualification points, so you are screwed unless you are in a high division. Then, unless you win 5 out of 9, you are out. What do you do if you want to play the game at the weekend but didn't qualify from the playoffs? No point in playing rivals as you only need 7 wins per week.

FUT Champions feels like it's going to be a blood bath with only very good players. Same with division rivals, because you will eventually reach your level where you can't put 3 wins together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yep will second Fred. Packed him so threw him in the team and he seems to play well above his stats, particularly his pace, he rockets around the place.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Champions feels like they felt they were being way too generous with reward packs and want to cut them off to the majority. And, in the process, encourage everyone to spend money on packs to get qualified.

Will say though, as it stands, I prefer the rivals system of not getting relegated, and not facing people who are self-relegating. Every game I'm playing feels an even contest. If you're good enough to get bumped up a bit, you should be good enough to win a few games. It's probably a little unbalanced currently, since everyone started at the bottom, but I think it will even out. A div 3 player should not be able to get down to div 5 or 6 and ruin the game for others. Mind, it looks like rewards have been seriously nerfed there too, frustratingly.

And if I want to spank n00bs, I leap on friendlies for a bit :P

I really think that it’s the case that they’ve gone in hard on casuals to push the fomo and forcing them to buy fifa points.

they could’ve easily fixed self relegators by only letting you get relegated and promoted once in a week. Ie if you’re in div 5, you can’t go lower than 6, but you can go back to 5.

that solves that.

they seem to be pushing people into divisions they may not belong in, in the hope the person thinks after 5 straight losses “god, I better get that IF salah instead of base salah and that might help me win”

similarly, who does making you have to requalify for every weekend league benefit? No one really, the better players will do it no worries, but the lower players will feel they need to spend to ensure they have a team good enough to qualify.

their whole mentality seems to be, frustrating the life out of its users in order to sell them fifa points

22 game losing streak over the past 2 days in Rivals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Pretty Good TOTW this week. Was hoping that Curtis Jones might get one after his goal at the weekend and couple of assists last night. Also wish they'd do more than one of the double upgrades each week. I doubt the meta will be destroyed if Van Amersfoort gets a double upgrade but it might let people make more interesting teams.

I still don't understand rivals. I got 7 wins so now I should stop playing ? But I also need fut champs points but if I don't go 5-4 in the play offs I have to get another 1500 points to try again.

Yikes! And I know from your previous wl finishes and the clips you post, you’re very good at the game.

what chance would someone like me have if I stumble into the wrong division.

and it can very easily happen, play rivals at 4pm on a weekday and a very good chance you’re playing a kid just finished school. Win a few matches at this time over a couple of days and then try playing rivals at 10pm or weekends and see the difference in opponents

Hmm, I see nkundu in there. I previewed a pack earlier and his base was in it. It doesn’t expire for another 16 hours.

im pretty sure though if I bought it after 6pm I’d get his base rather than the current IF that’ll be in packs then or otherwise people would abuse the preview packs before promo events

Jesus, made it to div 7 and only copped how bad rewards are. A single 45k pack.

interesting to note too, the regular gold cards of some of the TOTWs have skyrocketed.. Felipe Anderson from 2.4k to 4.9k, Zakaria from 4.8k to 9.8k, Jesus from 7k to 12k, Barella from 9k to 14k. Going to keep note for next week and pickup some of the meta golds due for a TOTW.

The rewards are the worst part of it, last year you could get 250k+ worth of packs from Rivals each week while barely even playing the mode, just racking up points in WL, now you have to play significantly harder games all for one or two packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I would agree with the theory above that they are trying to get the casual players to buy more packs who might only play rivals. I don't think anyone asked for these convoluted changes.

• Advertisement

I've pretty much given up on scoring another goal in Rivals, never mind winning a game.

I just don't understand why my players are so static while my opponents players fly around the pitch.

I bought the pack shortly after 6pm and it was his base gold as expected. I wouldn’t expect it to change either as I previewed it before the incorrect announcement

Finishing Div 7, rank 1.

did I really only need seven games to get rewards this week though?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Try fast build up and direct passing, has made a big difference for me. Just hit Div 5 but think ill stop for a while now. Dont think there's much point trying WL either whilst so few have the points to try it

Chiesa is ridiculously good for his price

I think keepers definitely need a bit of a nerf. They’re too overpowered in their current state… came up against Ben Foster and he made 12 saves, I lost 1-0. Some of them were lightning-fast reflexes from point blank too.

Been playing around more with the R1 dribbling and feel like it’s helping slightly when it comes to scoring… quick R1 dribble to switch the other direction and shoot seems to result in a goal 90% of the time. Think I definitely need to replace Griezmann anyway, his 3* WF has cost me so many goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

FYI I got mine tonight, got the notification after a match that got me to level 14, not sure if that’s related or not.

I got my access last night too. Popped up after ending my losing streak in Rivals.

upamecano the best from Div 7 rank 1 rewards. Packs were awful overall but it saves me having to invest 20k to upgrade my defence (I was running Bundesliga CBs anyway).

Cant see it holding attention long with awful rewards, hard to enter WL and I’ve no objectives or SBCs to do currently either…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

same for me... those rewards were awful.

I know there's season rewards in 46 days but how bad are they gonna be.

I'm practically lost interest already.

Advertisement