Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Currently running Next Gen Hernandez and POTM Trent, on 8 and 10 chem respectively. Swapping out Varane and VVD out for De Ligt and Cordoba swaps the chem of the fullbacks to 10 and 8. Could swap out Trent for Owusu to get back on full chem.

Ive seen a few people recomend Cuadrado but his face stats look a bit underwhealming. But must give him a try and see if he's a better option than the others.

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

What are people's thoughts on a 6 chem Donnarumma vs 10 chem base Szczesny?

Trying to see how I can upgrade my keeper, there aren't really any Serie A options. There is IF Szczesny and WW Maignan but it's 30k and 60k for a smallish upgrade I think, which seems expensive?

Then again, if I replace Chiellini with Cordoba Donnarumma goes out the window entirely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Szczesny seems to be unreal as well. I've came up against him a few times and always struggle to score against him, he's equally as good as Donnarumma.

Yea the more I think about it, the more it looks like I’ll stick with base Szczesny til there’s a clear Serie A upgrade.

Donnarumma is definitely better though IMO, very frustrating to play against.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,712 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Not even bothered with SB for the swaps, its so easy to get a good team this year it really doesn't seem worth the effort. Put all of my fodder from the packs and the 85x10 into that George Best SBC, seems good so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Played against base Maignan loads of times and is the best keeper in the game by a considerable distance, his reaction speed is unmatched, i got his WW card, and seriously consideriing starting him over Alisson on 7 chem, if you can afford him, i would get him, cos if his base is that good, the WW card will be unbeatable

Even after all this time, i still cant figure out how Rival rewards work, currently ranked 1st in div.4 but im only qualified for rank 3 rewards

You get the rewards of your current rank.

There are a set of rewards for 3 wins and a better set for 7 wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Lads, do yourselves a favour and pick up WW Alessandrini, Delaine, & do the Cozza SBC. I find them all crazy good and they're super affordable considering their stats for this stage of the game. It's difficult to avoid the all French team now.

I picked them up last night and put them straight into the team below. Strolled through qualifying with them and I don't know whether it was just that I was just coming from using that TOTGS Osimhen card in the ICON Swaps or what, but Alessandrini finishes everything and seems to be able to score the finesse goals from the edge of the box as much as Fekir. Capoue & Pogba are everywhere, they're able to control so many games and haven't had any issues with all the Baby Viera/Kante midfields around now. Ronaldo is oddly good as a wide CAM too, his size means most FBs bounce off him and that was one of the reasons I wanted to switch from 4-2-4 again in that most wingers are a little lightweight.

• Advertisement

Im running Liverpool team at the minute, but have a lot of high class french players in my squad, WW Maignan, Varane, OTW Konate, Kante, POTM Nkunku, WW Alessandrini and Griezmann, i think its time to hate myself forever and buy Kimpembe 😄, maybe Ferland Mendy and Claus for LWB and RWB

Numbers up Dembele and his 98 sprint speed might be the perfect partner for Alessandrini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Delaine & Cozza replaced Mendy & Kimpembe for me, they're going to be the new poster boys of people's hatred soon enough so may as well get in early! 😂

Thought about buying WW Maignan last night too but tbh I can't really fault Lloris, lets in the odd clanger now and again but most people's GK seem to apart from the odd superstar performance you encounter from time to time.

Lloris is so much better this fifa then last, will look up those other 2 lads, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Had about 500k in untradable fodder sitting in my club for ages.

I needed a LW as my next upgrade, so after planning on what to do with all of the fodder, decided to go ahead and do POTM Vinicius.

He always destroys me whenever I come up against him, and I can get him in on 8 chem.

Currently now running the below in-game, everyone else on 10 chem. For my next upgrade I'll be taking Zambrotta from Icon Swaps and swapping him and Spinazzola in-game as Zambrotta has a 5 star weak foot and Spinazzola is actually right footed.

I haven't had much chance to play over the last week or so with Christmas, but looking forward to getting back into WL and Rivals after the holidays and trying the below out.

My club and coin balance is pretty much wiped out now!

1st party bag gave me OTW Leon Bailey

2nd party bag gives me OTW.....Cucurella

They just love stitching us up 😂

Still using the 532 and my team is playing so well im on the verge of division 1, dont think i want to get there though, which means i'd have to lose a lot of games while getting the 90 game milestone rewards ☹

Got Alessandrini from the latest wild card sbc.

Dropped my wingers and running Aouar and Him at LF/RF.

also did that French cb sbc and got Guenzodza or whatever his name is. Cracking card actually in midfield.

Christ what a twat.

msybe we should also remove every player with more than 80 pace.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

This has been my best promo, so far I’ve packed Maignan x2, Hazard, Tierney and Morales in the last few days. Only Maignan makes the squad replacing his gold version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Is this version any good? Curious Xbox series x owner here.

I don’t mean you but the twat who started that lol.

Anybody using WW Tierney, i have base Andy Robertson still doing the business after 330 games but Tierneys attributes looks way better, despite been 1ovr point inferior to Robbo

I packed him but he doesn't fit my team, Mendy stays for now.

Loving Alessandrini and playing him at RF.

Dont feel the same about Aouar though at LF, might try rttk Fekir and see how he gets on.

also qualified for WL with 4 matches to spare. A 3 man midfield really controls the game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've also packed an untradeable Tierney so am very curious, lol.

I've been running with the Pink Hernandez card, who is very fast and fits the Italian backline Ive got going now, but Tierney's stats look interesting.

Yeah i find the 3 man midfield great, im using Kante or Thiago RCM, Fabinho CM with Coutinho LCM in the 532, they create so much space for Trent and Robertson down the wings, who in turn creates space for Mane and Firmino up front, and Coutinho breaking into the box

• Advertisement

I could rejig my formation and once Best is complete set up the team like so…

Advertisement