Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What exactly are the rules re covid testing coming in from Spain?

Options
  • 16-09-2021 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

Looked at the nidirect site to find out what the regs are regarding travel to/from Spain from NI.

Spain is listed as being in the 'amber' list.

This page gives the following information

Requirements for travelling to NI from an amber country

if you are fully vaccinated

If you have been fully vaccinated under the UK vaccination programme, you do not have to self-isolate or take the day eight post-arrival test if arriving into Northern Ireland from an amber country. Fully vaccinated means that you have had your final dose of an approved vaccine at least 14 days before the date you arrive in Northern Ireland.

However you must still: provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result taken up to three days before departure book and pay for a day two COVID-19 PCR test complete a UK passenger locator form within 48 hours of departure

And then it says

"Travel from Spain and its islands

If you're travelling to Northern Ireland from Spain, including the Canary Islands and the Balearic Islands (Formentera, Ibiza, Mallorca, Menorca), you are advised to take a PCR type test before travel."

So you MUST have a Covid test if travelling from an amber list country, but only ADVISED to have one if coming from Spain? I'm wondering then if there is no legal requirement to complete a Covid test prior to flying in from Spain.. am I right?'

I've tried to phone several different NI depts you'd think might be able to give some guidance on this, there was no one answering the phones 🙄

Advertisement