Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2023 Irish Gigs (Confirmed & Rumoured Events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

That's a funny meme and point taken.

But no I'm just pointing out that it's a selective moralism.

Criticizing other people for things you are also guilty of however indirect is a hypocrisy.

Which we are all guilty of in our day to day.

Just thought it was interesting.

Listening to some podcasts on similar topics and just found it interesting in a real life case.

But yes, we don't like wife beaters. That's very true and my points are not in the interest of absolving anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Joffrey

Ah here man, I did do research on this, I feel you've seen a headline and gone guilty

Vikki Ager, the woman who's he is guilty of assaulting, they have since gotten married

She pleaded with police to drop the charges they refused, she didn't want charges pressed

He's been to rehab since and kicked the sauce, both have said it was a pissed up scuffle

For what he's said or what it's worth, he got the worst of it

I wasn't there, don't know the in's and outs, but she has forgiven him and married him so who am I to say that's not good enough

P.S Kasabian booted him because serg has always wanted to front that band, blatantly

@hynesie08

Cheers man, we work our asses off and find a lot of doors closed, no money or management behind, couldn't turn this down, potentially biggest opportunity we will ever get

Thanks man, pumped for it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,790 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I've seen a guilty verdict and gone guilty.

Ms Ager hit her head on a hamster cage after being thrown across a room. The musician also grabbed her leg and hit her on the head, the court heard.

Prosecutor Naeem Valli said the attack had left Ms Ager with bruises to her knees, elbow, ankle and "a reddening around her neck".

Meighan, of Narborough, originally denied an assault had taken place, but after watching video footage he told police he could not watch it any further because it was "horrible".

Mr Valli told the court the child "sounded panicked and afraid" while making the call and the victim could be heard saying "get off me, get off me".

And one of their kids witnessed it......

Chaps a scumbag but if playing for free in front of 100 people means that much to you enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Lol the stage in Cypress avenue is no less smaller than the one in Opium.

Tbh didn't see any promotion of him playing Cork at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,623 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Thought that was the bars you were talkin about first 😂 one each, lol.

I know a Mary and Majella who would keep them going as well 😂

But yes think the residents in this case need policing as did the judge.

Its one week in Summer and in a massive park.

They got married since man, she forgave him, he did his sentence, I'm nobody to judge, mick jagger arguably a pedo, Rod Stewart, Chris brown hitting Rihanna, music is full of scumbags, is what it is

Numbers are a bit off for the record

I haven't seen any promo at all for any of these gigs, there's a Belfast date too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Fair enough, @hynesie08. That whole moralising stance is a tricky one when it comes to people in the public eye these days. If I remember correctly, you're off to Moz soon. I've given up on him because of his bullshit opinions, you're fine with them, grand. Swing a cat over the Summer in Ireland and you'll hit a musician with a questionable incident or opinion in their history. People make their own decisions. Nobody's condoning what the guy did. The condescending way you've written off the poster is pretty **** one way or the other.

• Advertisement

You remember incorrectly, Morrissey is **** and I wouldn't be caught dead within 100 yards of anywhere he's performing.

Ha. Fair enough. My apologies on the Moz reference. The rest of it stands. No need to be a dick. If there's anywhere in the world that a young lad in a band should be able to count on a bit of support it's surely in here.

Knowingly agreeing to work with a convicted woman beater= deserving of support

Refusing to support it = Dick

This is why society is broken.

Grand, we'll leave it there buddy. I'm pretty sure you're bright enough to know that's not anywhere near what I'm saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Few nostalgic gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Foggy Notions & Umack do it again! Thurston Moore Group, Whelans, Monday 24th July: https://www.foggynotions.ie/concerts/concert/thurston-moore-group-whelans-dublin-2023

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

The big one, lads. Clane GAA.

Is it possible that Basment Jaxx heard 'Slane' rather than Clane?

Working insanely hard the last 5yrs to get this thing up and moving, first opportunity we get, his wife forgives him, he did his sentence he got sober, but that's just your done indefinitely and we are for not sharing your viewpoint, fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Jesus. He’s now married to the woman in question. He seems to have had a moment of utter madness and paid the price in the public eye. You don’t know what goes on in people’s private lives. I’m sure he’ll live with the guilt of his actions and spend the rest of his life trying to make amends. Fcuking judgmental bullsh1t.

You having a go at Joffrey for seizing an opportunity for his band in a hellish industry is pathetic.

You appear to spend your time bullying (or trying to) on this page from what I can see. Have a tough time in school did we? Get a grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

• Advertisement

Mason greenwood is marrying the girl from the tape and having a baby with her, he should still never play football again.

Ray rice knocked out his missus and never played in the NFL again.

Yes, I believe using your position to abuse and assault someone should mean you never hold that position again, this is not some niche position to take.

I'm not having a go at joffrey, I couldn't care less, but I won't support a band that willingly gets into bed with a woman beater, and if he wasn't expecting that reaction when he took the gig or is personally upset by it, then music probably isn't for him. I think I may have even seen his band before (mid 2019ish, workman's club? There was definitely a band with strangers in the title) and if so, they were fine.

Anyway, I'll ignore your last paragraph, you probably can't even see the irony, but enjoy telling the lads how you stood up to a bully, make it dramatic though.

Yawn. Zzzzzzzz.

Mason Greenwood by the way. And yes, you did have a go at Joffrey (as quoted in my last post).

Folk fcuk up and make mistakes, life goes on. We don’t know the intricacies and minutiae of it.

I’ve noticed you trying to bully posters on the gigs and events page a few times. One particular poster couldn’t post without you replying with a smart arsed answer within a few minutes.

Mason greenwood, you're absolutely right, I mistyped. I normally mistype it as mason mount.

Yes, look at your quote, there's two very important words there "your band" not "you", I'm gonna stop drinking porterhouse beers because of their association with McGregor, if I @ them in a tweet saying that does that mean I have a personal issue with their brewer? No, it means their decisions have led to me no longer support their product, exact same as here. If you feel so strongly about it buy a ticket and a t shirt, it'll go a lot further.

If you have an issue with any of my posts the report buttons right there.

I don’t know why your original post attempting to take Joffrey to task irritated me so much as to compel me to engage such a disingenuous poster.

I guess it’s the apparent fact that such a seemingly passive aggressive bully enjoys the supposed moral high-ground so much.

Indeed, I really don’t give a fcuk what you think and good luck to Strangers With Guns supporting Tom from Kasabian.

Lord knows, the music business is difficult enough without pearl clutchers passing judgement on everything.

Did you get it all out? Do you feel better now you've "taken me to task". Are you going to the gig?

Sometimes I wish I was a WUM, because it'd probably be easier than carrying around the weight of *checks notes* not wanting to directly support domestic abusers.

Heavy is the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

If nothing else, all this chatter has made me check out Strangers With Guns. Not bad. I'd like to hear them at a festival.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭martco

Strangers With Guns?

never heard of them tbh

but thanks to yer man/wans wanky take there on Kasabian affairs I'll deffo be on the lookout for their next gig now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,803 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Strangers With Guns are great. Riffage!

Advertisement