If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats up with onkyo

Options
  • 17-09-2021 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

As above.

Are they no longer with us ?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi RingSting.

As far as I'm aware VOXX acquired Onkyo's Home AV businesses, which includes the Integra, Pioneer, Pioneer Elite and Onkyo USA brands.

They did take a year out but have plans to release AV receivers in 2021/2022

I can see some USA release dates but nothing as of yet for the UK and Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 RingSting

Hmmmmm interesting.

I'm planning on upgrading from a 5.2 system to a 5.2.4 and finding it hard to see the value in the Denon AVRX3700.

2022 is just around the corner so might hold out and see if they offer anything .

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi RingSting.

Unfortunately you need to go up to the likes of the AVRX3700 to get enough channels to run 5.2.4

The like of the 2700 can only run 5.2.2 and any others around this price point are also only 7.2 receivers.

At the moment the AVCX3700 is the cheapest 9.2 receiver currently available.

2022 will be interesting to see if any new models will be released. With current production being so slow I wouldn't expect anything too soon.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.