Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dubai after xmas for New Year

Options
  • 17-09-2021 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Anyone been at this time?

We are looking at the Hilton jumeirah beach residence, private beach area.

Other suggested Le Royal Meridien, or Grosvenor House Hotel but they're more pricey.

We are a group of 8, all couples in 20s with mother and father in 50s.

Looking at roughly 10 nights 29th-Sat8th with direct flights from Dublin via Emirates.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Great time to stay there, warm but comfortable, you'll get loads done in ten days but plan out what you want to see. I'd recommend a car rental, make sure you keep the car park exit slip at dubai airport as you cant book the car back in ten days later without it. Definitely spend an afternoon at the water park on the palm, even if you're not a swimmer. One shopping centre has the indoor ski slope which is incredible, lots of places to eat there. You'll have a blast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

I'd echo that its a great time to visit but I would defo not get a car. The roads are mad, even with maps, for visitors. Also at JBR you will have access to the tram and the metro.

10 days would seem like a lot for Dubai, but I suppose it depends what type of holiday you like. The weather is good enough without being too hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

No different to roads in the US. Any half decent driver will be fine driving in dubai

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

depends what you want the car for, if it's for heading out side of the city, then yeah get one but only on the days you need it. If it's to head out for the night to a restaurant or go shopping just grab a taxi/train. having a car for that is not as convenient in Dubai as other places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Taxi's are very cheap, the road network is stressful especially if you're a tourist (I get the ref to the US in a way, however DXB is a city, so I guess you're saying like NY, but I wouldnt be renting a car there either).

Anyway, you mentioned JBR/Dubai Marina, where Im sitting now, and you do not want to be stuck with a car there, taxi or metro etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

stayed there for the new year and loved every minute. Don’t rent, taxi are dirt cheap as long as you choose cream ones and not the hotel private ones. Stay in JBR area, buy the dubai entertainer before you go and as a group you will save thousands. Visit Water park, doon buggy and camel ride in desert, boat ride through city and out to the palm and 7 star hotel Atlantis and burj al Arab, visit gold markets and old dubai, go to top of burj kalief. So much to do, so much to see. Best of luck. I’d love to be heading back

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

We stayed in the amwaj suites JBR and its location was perfect. Right in middle of JBR and a stones throw from beach where Dubai eye was built

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Fiyatoe

thanks all, this was actually a backup plan as we didn't think we'd get to our booked trip to Florida this new year. Looks like I was wrong!! maybe dubai another time.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Avon8

I'd second this, make sure one of your group gets the entertainer app and pay for all packages when buying originally. Can split the relatively cheap cost between ye and you'll save loads. I'd recommend the Yellow Boat tours on Dubai Marina, great way to see the sights in that are plus Atlantis & the Burj al Arab. In addition to what's mentioned above, you could go to a theme park, go to Dubai Gardens, indoor skiing etc. If any of you group is considering a diamond in the medium term future (wink, wink), get it there. OH's ring got valued at 3x the price on return home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Cyril706

For 10 nights, the Hilton should offer you all the comfort and convenience you need, and the direct flights from Dublin via Emirates will make your travel pretty smooth.

Advertisement