Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cancel online learning license application?

• 17-09-2021 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I applied for my learning license online via the NDLS portal, paid the €35 fee and later realised that i need to post my original IRP (Irish residence permit) to NDLS. Unfortunately, i need to travel in less than three weeks and will need my IRP to enter the country. Is there any way i can cancel my application ? looks like there are in person appointments slots available and don't require you to submit IRP.Does anyone know if there is a way to cancel online applications? Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭bleuhh

Hi there, you should be able to cancel using this link if you booked through the NDLS booking website

https://booking.ndls.ie/ViewCancel.php

That's if you booked an appointment. If not, just don't send the IRP to them and make an appointment in an NDLS centre when for when you are back in Ireland and bring all the documents with you and you can apply for it there.

I assume you've passed your driver theory test?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 shanksadams

Thanks @bleuhh, I managed to cancel it over the phone, the folks at the NDLS center refused to accept my application, as i already had an active application (online) without it. No refund of the application fee (€35) of course 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rmys

So how is it going? Can you reapply again in the center? I am considering to cancel my online application too but don't know whether can proceed for in person again

• Registered Users Posts: 23 shanksadams

Yes, i was able to cancel my online application and then reapply in person at the center.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 littletea55

I’m having the same issue.

After paying for online application, I just realised that I would need IRP for travelling so I made an appointment to attend in person In Citywest and was told that I had to pay again to have the application gone through.

I just tried to see if I could cancel online application, however it is not an option.

I messaged RSA FB page yesterday and they said that no refund would be issued. Just ridiculous. 🤦‍♀️

• Advertisement
Advertisement