Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland SCA - Notification Approval Not Coming Thorugh

Options
  • 18-09-2021 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Anyone out there been having difficulty with the new Bank of Ireland 'SCA' approval for using your debit card?

I tried to make a purchase online with my Debit card.

To complete the transaction I was prompted to approve the transaction in the BOI app.

But the "waiting for approval notification" never came through. And I could not complete the process.

I rang Bank of Ireland customer care for assistance but it just looped through a series of pre-recorded messages telling me to approve the notification in the app.

But there's no notification. It just didn't come through.

The app says there are no transactions waiting for approval.

Is anyone else experiencing difficulties?

:(

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 shannon21

Anyone having problems with the Bank of Ireland SCA notifications?

Mine aren't coming through.

Post edited by Jim2007 on

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Have you enabled the BoI app to issue notifications on your phone? There have been problems with BoI SCA but not with actually getting the notification.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 shannon21

hi coylemj, yes - notifications are activated for the BOI app. And the phone number is correct, and my phone is setup as my primary device.

Notifications still not coming through.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭VanHalen

Have you changed phones recently? I changed my iPhone a couple of months back and I noticed it was showing both phones on the list of where to send the notification. I was instinctively clicking on the first one and was not receiving the notifications until I noticed the second one was my new phone. All ok now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

This is the 3D secure protocol. Banks are being told to require this for payments, but not all payment processors have implemented it in their systems, and face fines soon for not doing it.

I've seen issues with this for Amazon, Are Lingus,BA amongst others

I've been told by card provider that you should ring the processor and ask them to take payment over the phone !!

• Advertisement
Advertisement