Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rough element in DL

Options
  • 18-09-2021 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

Example is the superpub on the seafront, without naming the place.

Why do they need an army of in your face security staff?

I find it very intimidating.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,073 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The title of the thread and the content of your post is a bit of a leap!

I wouldn't say DL is at all rough. The thing about Wetherspoons Forty Foot (don't know why you don't name them, you're not disparaging them) is its by the DART and drink is cheap by comparison to other pubs so it attracts party goers getting tanked up on the way and also people tend to get more pissed while in there I think. And so a bit of rowdiness is more likely, but nothing too shady. The security is just prudent, they are after all a big company and can do without bad publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

One would only encounter this "army" if you go up on to the upper deck by 'spoons. If it bothers you, don't go there. If you're going there, try to imagine what it would be like without them.

Advertisement