Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rearranging the deckchairs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,568 ✭✭✭✭looksee

In Boards current parlous state I would not dare to suggest changing a forum name, they have enough to be doing 😀. So I suppose we can consider it mind gym for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Did you hear about the crossword expert who died?

He was buried 6 down by 3 across...

"Help me with this clue: Heavily laden postman"

"How many letters?"

Thousands.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

They don't write them like that any more!!! 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I like to think it's the way I tell 'em - white space for effective pause when written rather than spoken.

Smallest crossword ever:

1A The indefinite article (1)

1D First letter of the alphabet (1)

I'm here all week.

Not your ornery onager

Oh dear its going to be one of those weeks!! 😁

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I've only just found this thread...

How about "Every cloud has a silver lining" (i.e. clouds - grey; silver - hair)?

Or, "The silver strand" (beach, hair, etc)?

That's clever New Home, but how about shortening just to ' The Silver Lining'? By the way, some of us are not quite silver enough yet! 👳‍♀️

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The Silver Surfers could work, too! 😁

I think Silver Surfers was banned, along with Blue Nun and Bingo (see what I did there!) early on! 😀

What about Bingo Wings? Or Due South? Or Gravity Falls? 😁

• Advertisement

I think you could be getting a little into, um, sensitive territory there NH 😋

Last chance saloon? 🤣😂😁

Or, "Back in my day..." or "Get off my lawn!".

I just get the feeling you are not taking this as seriously as it deserves, NH!

I'm not either any more! We might as well have a bit of fun while the elves are working to fix the unfixable on the site.

😁

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Happy birthday O&O forum and to all yis O&Oers.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,243 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Esel...

I bet you have a checkered past...

...with it's ups and downs...

My goodness has another year gone by so quickly? This is what happens when we grow silver hairs! Happy Birthday then O & O's, past, present and future.

• Advertisement
Advertisement