Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tell me about PLCs

• 19-09-2021 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭

I have a few questions.

Is the same course taught the same way in different colleges?

Hours for the one I'm looking at says Mon-Fri 9-4 and Fri 9-1. No timetable til induction day. Would that be a full attendance like school or different start/finish times depending on the course?

Is the much homework/study outside of those hours?

How long is the Christmas break and when does the year end for summer?

When do you get exam results to know what points you got?

Where can you find out what points are normally required for a certain course?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ismisetoo

Courses contain modules which are common to all courses, such as Communications and Work Experience, and these courses are designed nationally. Individual teachers can put their own spin on it depending on the course, but the marking schemes are the same everywhere. Some colleges have designed their own modules which have been passed by QQI and these wouldn't be happening anywhere else.

Breaks etc vary from college to college but if they are ETB colleges but generally they follow the second level school year. Assessment is a mixture of assignments and exams, but mostly assignments so yes, there is a lot of extra work to do outside class.

You would find out your final results by the end of June, start of July. The college would let you know about points etc.

Advertisement