Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Mug Recommendation

Options
  • 19-09-2021 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

I went back the last couple of pages and amazingly this hasn't been asked recently.

I'm a big fan of Contigo West Loop Autoseal mugs. However, they have one fatal flaw: the paint flakes off. I own several and they all look very poorly now even though the mug/lid still works great. I might take a wire brush to them but then they'll all look alike (some are for coffee, others for tea, etc).

Can anyone recommend a good vacuum seal mug with a similar push to sip mechanism?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭caviardreams

The zojirushi is the business but it doesn't have a push to sip mechanism as such. Highly recommended though https://www.zojirushi.com/app/product/smsf

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Is there no version of the Contigo without paint or vinyl, just naked stainless steel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I've 2 travel mugs.

A Nespresso one which keeps drinks hot for around 6 hours and a Stanley one which is even better but has a fiddley lid system which can be annoying to put back together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Thanks for the replies. I have a wire brush drill bit I tool to my Contigos and stripped off the paint. Such a great product let down so badly by something purely aesthetic but they looked god awful. They look pretty cool now with the brushed metal look.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭ablelocks

camelbak are another brand - i have a forge 16oz

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,600 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Both meself and me mammy have contigo travel mugs for years now and we dont have any issues with the paint

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I have Frank Green and like it allot...

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭valc

does anyone know if its possible to get an Arsenal travel mug anywhere in Dublin

Advertisement