Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No solo entry

• 20-09-2021 12:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

Hi, sorry if this isn’t the place to put this but I was went to the U.K. for a holiday last week and I tried to go into a bar but was told that I couldn’t go in as I was by myself. Has this happened to any of you? I found the person who wouldn’t let me in on Facebook and I was thinking of messaging him to ask what the heck is going on but I thought agai st it. Do you think I should message them? Apologies, I have aspergers and I find figuring out social situations quite difficult.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It sounds very odd. Was there an event on in the bar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They can now sit at the bar as far as I know, odd situation. I could see a business case for it if they say had 20 tables of 4 people capacity and it was almost full and you wanted to go in on your own, management might have policy to only allow 2 or more in to fill the tables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Not only are they allowed to sit at the bar but out of all the bars I went to I saw loads of people standing around(and not wearing masks but that’s a different story).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Look at it as their loss, feck them, plenty of other places will be glad of your business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Don't message the person, if you want to contact anyone email the establishment and ask what their policy is. Don't make it personal, looking for the person on Facebook is a little creepy tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,912 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Can’t believe you searched for the person on Facebook - Beyond bizarre

It’s the bars’ choice anyway. They might just want a certain clientele etc. Not sure if it was a ‘pub’ or ‘bar’ but in particular a lot of places in Mayfair won’t leave groups of lads in.

Regardless that they're called 'public houses', a bar, or shop, is anything but. You are allowed in at the absolute discretion of the management and if they make it a condition of entry that you wear bunny ears and a tail with a slinky, tight fitting, one piece then that's what they can do - just as long as it doesn't fall foul of the various anti-discrimination laws.

Advertisement