Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Rules

Options
  • 20-09-2021 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Seems a bit early to start a thread on Winter Rules but from my experience on Sunday at my home club we are not far away from it. Two weeks ago it was bone dry but this Sunday the fairways were real soft and a lift/clean/drop would not have gone astray.

I guess there are no specific dates for Winter Rules and it is totally down to each club to decide when it's appropriate (?)...how are others getting on???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭coillcam

I don't really know enough about this but is it always local rules depending on the course condition/make-up?

I played esker hills on Saturday and even on a very misty/dewy morning, everywhere was solid and we had no mudballs. Then yesterday at home in Mullingar I hit my best drive for months and had a real chance on a long Par 4 I never reach in 2. Unfortunately, half the ball was covered in thick mud so my approach barely went 70% of where I'd expect. Unfortunately, I was punished for hitting a fairway😂. Two plugged balls in our group also. Two very different courses and experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭IAmTitleist

Greens were hollowtined last week so the process has begun here.

I'd say its only a matter of weeks before lift clean place and non qualifying comes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

My club could possibly go all year without having to introduce winter rules yet there was always a clearly defined winter rules period from November to around paddy's day each year with no hcap changes ect.

I wonder will the WHS have any impact on them shortening this winter rules period this year with more people playing counting casual rounds ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Sultan_of_Ping

Play on a links so probably a couple of months yet before it happens.

Advertisement