Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday party in play centre

Options
  • 20-09-2021 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Trying to come up with a plan for my 8 year olds birthday party. He really wants to invite the whole class and a few neighbours to a play centre (about 17 kids in total). The play centres are open again after the lifting of restrictions but I’m worried that some parents won’t be comfortable with their kids attending due to covid. I don’t want to put any of the parents in an uncomfortable position. What is the view here - would people be happy for their child to go to a party in an indoor play centre?

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,732 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Once you and the play centre are abiding by all the relevant guidelines I do not see an issue.

If some parents are uncomfortable with this that is their issue, but things are starting to get back to normal and life must go on. There may be some with specific personal circumstances that mean they still must remain extra vigilant, but again, not really your problem.

I would have no issue with it if mine were invited to that sort of party now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭markpb

Could you talk to the parents of his close friends and see if they'd be happy coming? If they're okay, you could book it then. I would expect some people to decline because they won't be willing to take the risk, you'll just have to accept that and take the risk when making the booking.

• Administrators Posts: 13,975 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Out of 17 children there's going to be a few who turn down the invitation for various reasons, not all to do with Covid.

For the party, pick what that birthday boy wants to do! He'll have fun with whoever can go, and he won't miss the ones that can't.

Advertisement