Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed

Options
  • 20-09-2021 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

I have a Sky bundle with Sky Q, Broadband and Anytime Talk. The only bit I’m unhappy with is the Broadband. Speed is 13mb at best as it’s coming in on the phone line and there are no plans to give us fibre anytime soon.

Virgin Media broadband is an option. My neighbour has it and is getting 200mb. I know I can switch to that and still keep Sky Q but where I’m lost is how to deal with the home phone, which I’m not quite ready to drop yet.

If I go Broadband with Virgin (which is by cable along the roof, which is already there) do they offer phone as well and could I keep my number?

Or can I leave the phone with Sky, along with the TV, while switching the broadband?

Or do I need to go to Eir or someone else for a phone only package?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Yes Virgin Media offers phone too - its an extra €5 on top of the broadband and you can transfer your numberr to them.

Advertisement