Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I need some advice on .30-06 for deer

• 21-09-2021 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I want a good .30-06 factory load for deer.

(if you have a factory load recommendation, you can skip this part: I have ‘06 dies, some bullets, 150 grain I think, primers, powder, and a ton of brass. But I’m not confident enough in my game to reload for hunting. I don’t want to develop a load, feel rushed to have it right.Pay no attention to the gray hair, I’ve really only been doing this for serious again for about 10 months. And any way, I’m giving/long-term loaning my rifle to my son so I won’t even have it, or be the one shooting it most of the time.)

I think I want a hunting-rated 165 grain boat tail. It would be good if it was one of the ‘common’ loads so that I can get it here, and my son can get the same up there. Not that it matters much, but it will be shot in a Ruger mod. 77s. (Currently dubbed the Hawkeye.) Mauser-type bolt. Typically dime-sized groups at 100 yards without really working at it.

We were very impressed with the Winchester Deer Season in .223 last year- 3 one shot kills (NOT hunting with a .223 this year). Federal Fusion gets good reviews. Winchester Super X loads are always a consideration. I like Hornady products...

So, there it is. I need a good .30-06 factory deer load.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

MODERATOR WARNING/NOTE.

Thread closed, pending review.

• Discussion of reloading for hunting which is outside of the only reloading scheme, for target shooting.
    • Discussion of shooting Deer with a 223 which are not Deer legal.
    • Discussion of loaning a gun to someone without clarifying they have a license.
    • Admittance of having propellant/primers for use in Deer hunting loads, outside of the target shooting only scheme.

There are a few Americanisms thrown in there so its possible this is not someone from Ireland however the topics being asked/discussed are mostly prohibited, restricted or otright illegal in Ireland. Hence thread closed.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement