Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mediation , breakdown of weekly expenses

Options
  • 21-09-2021 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi, I'm entering into mediation soon. And I'm not quite sure exactly what I will need. I've heard about a breakdown of daiky/weekly expenses for myself. I'm a stay at home mother and really don't spend a lot of money on myself, mostly on stuff for the kids. But in order to get an accurate idea what kind of stuff should I be including ? Thanks for help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭RIRI

The mediator will give you a spreadsheet that you will imput your expenses into. It covers everything from household expenses to personal ones. These are split into various headings and it's very simple to do. I've attached a blank version of the one we were asked to complete.

Hope it helps & good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 32 goodbyeloser

Thank you so much !

Did you fill that out as a couple ? Or is it from your perspective, what you pat etc ... as I'm a stay at home mother, he has access to all the bills etc what everything costs...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

You fill it out separately as you need an idea of your living costs. As you stay at home to care for the children you will include their expenses too. I presume you are living at a separate address to your ex? If not I guess you would have to some kind of an agreement on the household bills. Since a lot of purchases are made contactless these days your bank statement is a great place to start as each transaction is listed there. Good luck with it xx

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭RIRI

You're welcome

We each filled out our own and shared it with both the mediator and each other (well I shared mine... still waiting to see his 6+ weeks later 🙄)

The objective is to decide how you can afford to seperate as fairly as possible so each party should list everything they spend as well as income / loans assets etc

The mediator will explain exactly what is required when the time comes... you'll probablly be a couple of sessions in before they ask for it

• Advertisement

No we are still living together....he pays for everything! All bills etc ...and he gives me an allowance every month. I have an idea of what everything costs but , as he continues to tell me, I pay for nothing ...

Advertisement