Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with paying FedEx duty & tax invoice online

Options
  • 22-09-2021 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all, 

I am wondering if anyone has had difficulties making FedEx duty & tax invoice payments online? 

Basically, back in early August, I got an email from FedEx asking me to make an online payment for import charges for an order I made from the US. The amount was €26.06. 

I had no problem making this payment, so I paid it via the link provided, and thought that that was that. 

Then last week, I received another duty & tax invoice from FedEx in the post. This time, the amount they were asking for was €13.77 for a disbursement fee and original VAT. I assumed that this was some additional fee that needed to be paid but they're only asking me to pay it now. 

Again, I am willing to make this payment, and I went to the link they provided in the letter: https://www.fedex.com/payment/

But when I entered the invoice date and invoice number (from the top-right hand corner of letter I received in the mail) in the link above, I get the following message (I have X'd out sensitive info): 

"Invoice XXXXXXXXX from XXXX-XX-XX has an outstanding balance of 0.00 and requires no additional payment." 

I sent FedEx an email about this to "ieinvoicequery@fedex.com". I got a standard automated response saying that a ticket had been open, etc.. But this was a week ago, and I haven't received a response. 

In the meantime, I did some searching online and found another link: https://dutyandtax.fedex.com/ie/en#/

I entered the invoice number and the amount, via the screen above, clicked "Pay" but I'm presented with an error saying: "We are unable to complete your transaction".

I sent another email to "ieinvoicequery@fedex.com" about the above, and also referencing my previous issue. No response yet. 

I have done some reading online and I found out that people in a similar situation to my own are receiving letters from debt collectors contracted by FedEx even though they're willing to make the invoice payment. I am terrified that this is what's going to happen to me, as it will have damaging effects on my credit rating (I am currently in the process of applying for a mortgage). I want to make this payment to FedEx, but their online facilities aren't working and their customer service are ignoring my emails. 

Has anyone else experienced these issues, and how did you resolve them? 

Thanks!

Post edited by GimmeAHouse on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Debt collection agencies will have no impact on your credit rating. They will probably threaten that it will, but it does not. For an amount as little as €26 or €13, it won't be worth their while to pursue it much. The cost of them going to court would be in the hundreds, or possibly more, so unless you owe them thousands, they won't go to court. Court is the only place the debt could be recorded on your credit record.

Keep records of your attempts to pay, and if it does go to a debt collectors, don't pay them. Tell FedEX you'll pay them, and if they refuse to provide a valid means of payment, then just wait for the debt collectors to get tired and give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Take a screenshot of the page showing zero balance.

Forget about debt collectors, they simply are just another department. And whilst they can act for companies, they are also mostly very reasonable, but I doubt very much if they would be involved here

Advertisement