Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing table to 10 month old

Options
  • 22-09-2021 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

Starting to become a bit of a nightmare changing our 10 month, he is a real bruiser, long and strong!

Does anyone have any idea where would be able to buy a changing table for a baby this age? The standard tables you see in smyths etc... would no longer do the job unfortunately as he has grown out of it.

Would be handy if it doubled as a chest of drawers also, any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

My son is nearly a year old. We had to put the changing table away as soon as he started rolling at 6 months as he is an exploring, escaping adventure seeker :)

We just change him on a mat on the floor now. Still a battle but at least he can't roll off and hurt himself.

Sorry I don't have a better answer but I recommend moving to the floor unless you want to spend money on something with a strap like you see in restaurants etc (my son can still twist in these) or I have seen baby straight jacket things for sale on Amazon. I think these are recommended for floor changes only.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

We have SUNDVIK Changing table/chest of drawers, grey - IKEA Ireland . Still fits our 18 month old.

Worth saying that unlike the pictures suggest you don't flip the top flap up / down for each use. The top part is supposed to either be fixed open or fixed closed.

Advertisement