Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend runners for a overpronate stride

• 22-09-2021 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭

I want to increase my speed over 5 k and 10 K

Mid budget is my spend

My last runners were Nike Epic React and Saucony ISO 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Did you have a gait analysis done before you bought either of them, if not you should before you jump into another pair. No two runners feet and gait are the same so even though it is possible for others to recommend this shoe or that a proper fitting is the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

The research shows that overpronation does not affect performance or injury risk, and corrective shoes are not required to reduce injury, despite what shops with gait analysis equipment will tell you. I used to wear support shoes myself and switched out of them when I realised this. No negative consequences.

Go to a shop, try on some different shoes and pick the ones in your budget that 'feel' most comfortable. Amazingly, shoes that feel right result in fewer injuries!

Not sure what mid-budget means, but Saucony Endorphin Speed might suit the bill, certainly a fast shoe in the middle of the range (considering the way the price range has expanded in recent years).

Post edited by Murph_D on

Advertisement