Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house

Options
  • 22-09-2021 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi

Buying a house next week and trying to figure out the smoothest way to transfer broadband. Spoke to my current provider Vodafone and they basically said ring back when you have the house and we can check for inactive line then - then it would be 3-5 working days. Spoke to eir (who I believe the current owners are with ) and similar story - even saying it could be up to 30 days if they cancel the broadband and don’t transfer it to their new house. As working from home I need broadband - am I basically at the mercy of the providers / old owners disconnecting their service till I can connect to a service. Sounds like I’ll be without Internet for a week or two. Anyone had similar experiences or am I missing out on something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

Are you tight with the contract ? Why would you transfer broadband instead setting up new connection? At worse scenario you'll be paying for 2 , small price to pay if you work from home

Advertisement