Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2021 Purchases

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

3 presents for nieces on OH side ticked off the list

Ordered a Christmas window box thing for my new kitchen window, along with some non breakable decorations for the Christmas tree from Dunnes

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I just spent €100 on lights in homestore and more. Need to up my light game this year haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

The poor neighbors wouldn't know what hit them..........because they'll be blinded from all the lights 😂

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,374 ✭✭✭✭DvB

our last 400 bright white LED's arrived this morning (ordered from Homestore & more as soon as they went half price online) and they are perfect. So our main tree will be topped up later today to finish the tree decorating finally. Battery operated outdoor lights arrived as well for our external tree which we put outside the hall door so that's that sorted too... was hoping to get the external lights all done on Friday as I have the day off work but the weather looks rotten for Friday & Saturday so not sure if I'll get the chance then.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭pigtail33

haha, I was in Homestore & More in AirSide over the weekend too! Was there shortly after 11 on Sunday morning, thinking it wouldn't be busy. Oh how wrong I was.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

If ayone is looking for books for Christmas gifts they are having a sale on easons.com for Black Friday - some books are already discounted and there is a code on the site for a further discount, Black20.NOt sure if that works in the ones already reduced, am doing some browsing here myself!

Sounds like you well organised. We have all the decorations out however still havent decided if we start this week or next as we are away this weekend, which is when we would usually do them. As our main tree is real we have a wait a week or two longer to get it however will get the ones in the hall and playroom up with all the other internal decorations.

We 'sound' organised... in reality the house is in chaos as we have all the decoration boxes out but haven't gotten anything other than the trees sorted.All the external stuff is sitting in the hall too... house looks like santas grotto was hit by a bomb!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

😅

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭tscul32

I was there around 12, found the queue at the back of the shop so went back yesterday instead. Open until 9 every night so no need to be queuing.

Just spotted pigtail33 say they were going shopping in the pavilions. North county Dublin does seem to be well represented alright.

It's the place to be. Highest concentration of Christmas nuts per capita I heard 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭pigtail33

There are so many elves here, it's practically the North Pole!

Picked up the spirits & wine gifts last night in Tesco... picked up a few packs of nitri-surge Guinness as well as we're hosting Christmas day & Guinness is always a popular one in ours... also picked up three tubs of QS & Heroes for gifts.... a quick €170 basically 😕

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Re Easons and codes, I found other book shops much cheaper for some book even with the " codes." Check prices before committing

@DvB OH is loving his nitri Guinness, wow 170 you don’t see it adding up

anyone recommend a Red Wine for token gift please ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭Pistachio19

Ordered from Easons yesterday, got the discount and stuff arrived today - great service in fairness. Husband gave me ideas on Thursday evening for what he'd like and I went online yesterday and bought all. I was happy to get all from Irish shops.

We're going through the yellowtail merlot and shiraz these days... both v.nice.

Thank you @SourSessions and @DvB

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Just ordered my dog a duvet (for her birthday on Dec 18th) and a baby pink jumper for walks in the cold weather.

Something else ticked off!

I've a handful of things to look for next week- Christmas bows because all mine got squashed when I boxed them away last year with the wrapping paper (oops!) and Christmas bedding in Guineys, of all places.

Then a few bits, like stocking fillers and a gift set for my uncle in Boots, scratch cards etc., and I'm pretty much done.

I've to look in the retro sweets shop too for a couple of bits to add into a present, see if they have anything decent.

Hoping to have everything ticked off (bar food, of course) by the end of the week. 🙂

Good work Posy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,133 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Picked up this handsome chap at the Christmas market in Belfast last night. That's a 45 x 45 cushion behind him.

The market was very disappointing, mostly hot food stalls. Had a great trip otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Mail order time here. Need one more set of lights, and.... I know there is something else. My aging memory... lol....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I was there last weekend, and had to show my covid pass upon entry. Mask wearing- maybe 8 out of 10 people had no masks on the opening night of it, at least. I guess it is outdoors. 🤔 I went fairly late to avoid the crazy crowds from earlier in the day. I really enjoyed it- it was great to get away somewhere different without having to visit an airport! 🤗

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Trying to find simple muticoloured tree lights..Not flashing etc Just fairy lights.. Also I cannot it seems order here ie homestore as they deliver so the islands are excluded.. when did lights get so technical and complicated? Any ideas welcome. I have one very old set. Need a new one. In case.

Advertisement