Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports in Thurles

• 24-09-2021 12:25am

How are we lads,

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any casual sports that are available in Thurles outside of gyms, etc?

I'm an exile from out of the county and I'll be moving to Thurles next week for college. I'm determined to keep up some bit of sports/fitness but I wouldn't be able to give much commitment as I'd be going home on weekends. Rowing is my primary sport but unfortunately that's out of the question as there's no rowing club in Thurles apparently. I'll be restricted to walking or maybe cycling if I bring my bike so it can't be something too far out of town.

I've played both football and soccer (better at the latter, terrible at the former) but I'd be open to try literally anything to keep myself occupied. I feel like starting a gym membership is risky as I mightn't commit as much as if I had a set time to participate in something more organized.

Any suggestions are helpful!!

-D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

The anner would have a gym. Then Brendan maher (tipp hurler) would have a gym out in Borris. Not sure if the crossfit club is still going in the town

You would have thurles crokes over by LIT for athletics, then there is Thurles squash club based out of the golf club. Then there is a Badminton club out of the Ursline.

Advertisement