Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Mario Movie

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Went to see this on the weekend.

My kid enjoyed it, I did too despite it being a total fan service :)

That's 4 for 4 now in terms of computer games moves/series

Last of us, Sonic, Sonic 2, Super Mario Bros.

The age of the super hero movie is over, let us commence the age of the computer game adaption movie!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,430 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

best 3rd week of an animated film in history expected and in the top 3 or 4 of all movies potentially. welcome to the NCU

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 17,048 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

My kids enjoyed it (big Mario fans anyway), I thought it was precisely what you'd expect it to be, just like the Sonic movies, turn your brain off for an hour or so, a Ronseal type of movie, not the disaster the reviews made it out to be, it was grand.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,700 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It has crossed $1billion at the worldwide box office

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭kerplun k

I know this is crazy talk but between this and TLOU, maybe producers in Hollywood will start to realise that when you take on an adaptation and make a genuine attempt to be somewhat faithful to the source material, people who liked said source material will turn up to watch the adaptations.

• Advertisement

seems like there will be 2 types of company, ones like Universal and HBO that want to make money and stubborn ones like Disney that will double down with their re-imaginings and "fixing" the source material

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Didn't this film only open in Japan this past weekend? Be interesting to see how it does there, though not sure what cinema numbers are usually like over there, especially for Western movies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yup; opened only this weekend. Opened to $13 million, which, if boxofficemojo's slightly finicky website is to be believed is only #23 in Japan's All-Time Opening Weekend rankings - so not exactly kicking down the doors. Yet.

Lots of recognisable, Western big-hitters sit above it, as well as a bunch of very Japan-centric properties. Weirdly, Spielberg's War of the Worlds sits at #12 - so I guess Japan really wanted some tripod action back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Surprisingly this is being released on VOD on the 16th of May

• Registered Users Posts: 86,700 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

2nd biggest animated film

• Advertisement

I see in the comments "please not a live action"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

watched it over the weekend. highly enjoyable. I grew up playing the first mario games from the NES onwards, and still play them to this day so I might be slightly biased.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,697 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just saw this is the biggest movie of the year so far at the box office with a worldwide takings of nearly $1,350B that is over $500m more than the next movie GotG3 and nearly double Fast X's box office.

Anyone see that coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Advertisement