Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you remember this book??

Options
  • 24-09-2021 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

They were about an Irish kid who played with his local football(soccer) team and different thinks would happen at home. I always thought it was Roddy Doyle but it turns out it’s not? Would love if anyone could help! It was a series of books if that’s any good? Haha

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Steveimitation

I think you might be thinking of the Riverside books by Peter Regan. I used to love them too. The humour was very similar to Roddy Doyle but on a more PG level of course. The Croke Park Conspiracy was my favourite. I'm laughing now thinking back on it. The players on the Riverside soccer team joining the local GAA team and playing overage in order to get them get kicked out of the championship. Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Irishguy31

Yesss that was them! Hahaha thank you so much! I can relax at last lol. They were such great books! They might be worth a read if I can get them all for a good price 😂

Advertisement