Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valet & ACF

Options
  • 24-09-2021 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Almost at that time of year again where the roads are going to be covered with silty salty crap again, so looking for recommendations on where to get a valet and ACF treatment done. Any suggestions?

Tempted to head out to bikeworld or megabikes and buy it to do myself, but I am fierce lazy and I know it'll just sit on the shelf gathering dust.

Also, search function on the new version of boards.ie is shocking...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Motorcycle Valeting Dublin, they're based in Walkinstown, Dublin 12. I'm anal about my bike and I wouldn't trust anyone else to clean it.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

+1 for Brian in MVD, has looked after multiple bikes for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Anyone outside Dublin?

Crying out for someone in the West to do this.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 34,691 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Sure there's no point cleaning your bike in the west of Ireland, it'll only rain 😛

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement

Eventually I'll have to take my bike in for its first service and get the valves checked as per the service schedule in the manual. Looking for recommendations for a garage in the West and I could also ask them to coat the bike in ACF 50.

For servicing I would recommend Sean Griffin in Clarenbridge. He can be very busy at times, so book well ahead.

You'd have to ask him if would do the ACF though - that's not something you can just liberally apply. The last time I got that done (along with a bunch of others) we got All Year Biker NI to come to Galway and do a bunch in one go, over 2 days. https://bikersni.org/places/lisburn/valet/all-year-biker-ni/

Not sure if they're still in action, but I do see a guy called Andrew Bell listed on the allyearbiker.co.uk site, based in Lisburn: https://allyearbiker.co.uk/booking/

I could do with that service myself tbh, have a few to do.

Ode To The Motorist

Thanks, unfortunately though I can't cross the border as still on a provisional but I will consider taking it to the guy in Clarenbridge.

You don't by any chance know of any garages in Mayo or close to it? The bike is due for its first service in a few weeks and I'm still new so don't want to be going too far.

Where in Mayo are you ?

Ode To The Motorist

Sorry should have said I'm in Castlebar but I am willing to travel around a little bit.

• Advertisement

Recently came across this good article and the testing he did suggests that ACF may not in fact be the best at preventing rust, but instead XCP fared better. The article and video are well worth a look.

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/reviews/products/motorcycle-maintenance-and-servicing/best-rust-corrosion-preventer-inhibitor#1

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Alfaguy

I do bike cleaning / valeting / ACF to very high standards. Local bike dealer uses me for all their bikes. Tralee based. €50 to get your bike back looking as new. Can collect and deliver back for an extra charge of course depending on distance.

Advertisement