Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭bladespin

Was referring to the original GT, not Sport, I can still remember endless club races to get hold of a used scooby to start some 'proper' races.

Yes, I wholeheartedly agree, I couldn't believe how limited it was during the recent maintenance, I've paid for a game so I can play as I want, when I want, but 90+% of the game is locked out without internet connection - absolutely crazy, but still love GT.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Do any of you have the HORI racing wheel and pedals?

what’s the verdict?

not sure I want to go to g29 price levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,959 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I have it. Plenty of plastic but the wheel feels solid. Good spring in the pedals too. My only real criticism of it is the paddle shifters feel very cheap. They could have did a better job with them.

I paid less than €90 for them so I'm happy with that money I spent on them.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It should attach to any table. The wheel come with a clamp to keep it secure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Argos have the G29 steering wheel down to 230 and you get a free copy of the game. But I can't see any in stock near me. Perhaps others will have better luck. Argos website is horendus.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Always switch to the desktop site for Argos on the top left dropdown menu, mobile site is useless.

Finished the first menu and the first B license go. How hard could it be starting and stopping? Bottom of my 36 friend list :(

Loving it though, could easily get wrapped up in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Ugh,exhausted all day,playing this till way to late last night!!

Finished the AMG book so according to a friend the end of the menu books is in sight.

Anyone have the group 3 or 4 McClaren? Thinking one of them might be my first purchase.

Also won 500k on a roulette spin,I think that role is static though as mate got 500k from that menu book roulette spin aswell. Bit scmy if static,gives ye a false sense of luck. All the rest of my spins last night were lowest reward

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The funniest part about the stopping the car challenge is that it’s one of the very first things most players will complete, and yet it’s more than likely the last time they’ll ever have to do it again in the entire game.

If there is one big thing I love about this game, is the whistling sound from super chargers and turbo chargers.

• Advertisement

For anyone using controllers, do ye use manual or auto gears? I always use auto in driving games but feel I'd get better times using manual.

So do ye like the in game music? Some great tunes in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

I’m at the same point as you. Got the AMG’s. Wondering about Gr3 and 4 cars also. Which one is best to go for ? Been adding ballast, power reducer and custom ECU to more powerful upgrades to allow me downgrade PP to get them under 600 and 700 PP for races.

I just finished third in the World Touring Car 700 Championship.

Had a win, a third place finish and a ninth place finish. I finished ninth at the old Nurburgring, my best result there so far.

My 2001 911 (996) GT3 was a joy to drive.

I used to play loads of racers and always went manual and it gave much faster times, you can get up and down gears faster.

I'm a bit out if practice so it's all a bit too much to worry about so I'm mainly auto these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I use manual also, but I remap them to the shoulder buttons. Definitely improves times once you've the hang of it.

I tried manual and was getting gold on the licenses but as soon as multiple corners came into play, gears went out the window. Changed back to Auto and still managed to get all good in my national B. Quiet proud of that :D

Did that one tonight in that car aswell,was quite tough. Managed to get the championship win over all but had to restart the ring about 4 times after spin outs at various points.

Finished 2nd there on the 5th try and said that's enough,felt the porsche was difficult to control in the nurburgring with the twisty turns and straights where it can get twitchy and givin the amount of overtaking needed, made it quite difficult for me.

Was perfect car for the first two tracks though. I'll probably run that car at a lower tune going forward but I didn't really have anything else better for that championship.

Did the first Rally book race in a stupidly souped in subaru road car😅 Just to get the first car from the menu so have an actual rally car now! Left it there,was a long night with said runs on the nurburgring.

I put a big wing on the back of my Porsche so its bum wouldn't step out as much. The 996 GT3 is a great car though, had to put a lot of credits into it. Money well spent in the end.

Nice one on getting second at the old Ring.

When I finished ninth there, I thought I would have had to do the race over again. Then when I saw I finished third in the championship, I threw my arms up in the air. I also felt relieved, very relieved.

I bloody love this game.

I had to turn off vibration which is a pity but the national b test with the civic on the street course was very weird. Like the controller had a heart beat that was trying to break out. Very distracting, even on the weakest vib setting. Turned it off and i got gold so was definitely affecting my driving. Wish there was more vibration settings or the weakest (5) was just a slight rumble.

Other than that, this is such an addictive game. Have a tasty GTO racing against the menu 2 book cars which is hilarious.

I was gonna buy an Integra last night but looked up the menu books and saw I'll be getting one on book 5. Definitely going through that list first before making any purchases.

• Advertisement

I think that road has rain drains that run across it, so the vibration is you driving over them :)

The most fun I had early on was in a 1965 Mini I won. It was so hard to win races with it. You are much slower than other cars but can corner way faster so it kinda balances out. Was winning by a nose in some cases. Looking in the wing mirrors and blocking overtaking attempts.

While racing last night (cafe menu races), there was another Irish competitor. Good to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Really hope they add more menus in the cafe, struggling with stuff to do now after completing them.

Missions are pretty fun, or infuriating, depending on how far you get through them.

One thing I'd always do in Gran Turismo when I'm at a loose end is to set up fun custom races and put yourself at a slight disadvantage. You won't get rewarded with cars or anything interesting like you would in the menus but a decent challenge is always a good way to prolong the game.

I plan to do some grid starts where the cars are much more evenly balanced.

Having to start from last with rolling starts forces ye to have a faster car to have a realistic chance to win the races which I'm not a huge fan of

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

It's my only annoyance with the game. Rolling starts on a 3 lap race.

Just for anyone who might be working through the licenses or missions, there’s a superb channel on YouTube if you get stuck that has recommended settings and guides for every challenge in the game. Definitely one to check out if you’re in need of some help, he got me through so many of the tougher Super License laps.

Those mid-engined and rear-engined cars are light at the front. While I was driving an F430 around the Maggiore circuit, the front wheels left the ground while going over the crest where the circuit declines.

Exciting and terrifying, in equal measure!

Now I've finished the ferrari book and need a Gr3 car this decision is definitely even more urgent,still not sure though.

Friend went with the McClaren but I was considering the Porsche,Honda nsx or the Subaru WRX or tbh any number of other GR3 cars ,hard to make a decision!!

Did you go with any?

The only ferrari I had for the ferrari book was the ancient 308 GTB '75,4 goes it took to finish second,that was after spending 100k on it😅 Perfect example of a car I would sell if I could.

Once I got the F12 it was smooth sailing though,beast of a car

Edit: Went with the GR3 NSX,no real reason other than I've always used a nsx in GT games😁

• Advertisement

I entered the World GT Series Championship in a Ferrari F430. Scored points in 4/5 races including a win. Finished 8th in the Championship with 18 points.

It's a car where I have serious problems with the front end of it. Plenty of understeer, but the biggest problem is that if you go over any bumps in the road, the front wheels lift right off the road and it's seriously unnerving.

I don't wish to drive it again for that reason alone.

Advertisement