Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Got my G29 and gran turismo for 280euro and picking up a Playseat evolution pro today.

can’t wait to get stuck in,

used to be in a competitive league with quali sessions , FRee practice and stuff racing GT500’s back in the day on GT5, was excellent racing.

hopefully can get to something similar to that level on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

You’re right it’s turn one and I’m going the right direction thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Real life current record holding run at the Nurburg Ring,absolutely crazy😳

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

After slightly over three weeks playing this and loving it, I'm going to lift my foot of the accelerator and put it on the brakes. It's only a temporary thing.

See ye down the road.

Another livery I did a few days ago for my Porsche 911 (996) GT3:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

I think I've hit my skill ceiling trying to get gold in the IA10 licence, the one on the Nurburgring with the AMG Mercedes. I'm about 1 second off the gold time and feel like I'm nowhere near getting there, I just can't hook up a good run at all and 90% of runs end up in disqualification by going on the grass, unless I'm ultra conservative but that just ends up way too slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I got my Viper up to 740pp which is blowing away the comp on the Mustang menu but it's a bit of a beast to keep under control. It wants to slide the tail out of if turn too hard or brake while turning. I'm doing my best to break on straights only but the arse keeps whipping out, looks very sloppy but power wise, nothing can keep up. I'd swap some power for more stability. Can anyone suggest mod parts or tuning to get me more control of this thing please?

I've spent more time taking pics from the replay function (being able to choose multiple angles per shot and then customising each shot is so great). I thought the live scapes were as good as it got but the in game racing looks unreal (very real) as well.

Zero, fit racing brake pads and discs. You can get a brake distributor which helps when it comes to braking. Also, considering changing the rear wing to keep its arse end more stable.

I have the carbon ceramic brake kit, racing brake pads, racing medium tyres, weight reduction stage 3, steering angle adapter (to get more control when it starts siding) and a bunch of other stuff that's upped the pp. Current bhp is 829 so maybe just the nature of the beast to want to slide around.

Ah what the ****, how did i just lose an hour playing this.....ah day light savings kicked in 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I spent hours on that the other day. Same as you I was about a second off and couldn't get closer. Braking more going into the 2nd left hander did the trick as I was able to put the boot down and get on the curb and get more speed through the corner.

I've given up on gold for the Super licences for now. I find them to be very tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Bought the Dodge Tomahawk SRT X yesterday for the craic (but mainly to get gold in the Le Mans 24 and 0-1000 Drag Race missions). The car is an utter joke and not even in a good way, I can’t imagine anything being able to drive like that in real life but it is a Vision car so they had enough creative license to get away with it. Managed to get the Speed Archdemon trophy for hitting 600kmh on Daytona with it. That’s a third as fast as a fighter jet. 😂

Every mission done now with a gold medal (those drifting ones were very close to breaking me) along with the licenses so once the menu books are finished I can’t see much to keep me playing this as I don’t have the skill to race online at a high level.

You get a pretty special car for getting gold on all the Sun Also Rises missions by the way, I’d highly recommend giving it a try if you’re willing to risk the possibility of a Dualsense going into your telly.

Anyone on for friendly online racing tonight? I'll be on from half 10 if anyone's around.

I'll be online around that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Aye, should be on this evening

Might be on around then too, PSN is mairt_121 (changed it a while back, if anyone might have me added already)

Sorry lads but an unexpected visit from Jameson means i shouldn't even get behind a virtual wheel in my state. I'm mad to get a few races with ye though so will be on during the week if anyone is around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

No worries Zero. 8-10 PM would be a better time for me on weekdays. A bit later on weekends.

Blowing into the mic on your Dualsense to breathalyse yourself upon launching the game will probably be in the next patch if Polyphony keep going down this road, to be fair.

• Advertisement

For those playing on a PS4 Pro, does your console get loud playing GT7? Mine does get noisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,137 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Ancient original PS4 here and so far it's been running quite efficient compared to the likes of Detroit or Uncharted.

Ok so just looking at lobby settings for preparation if we can get a few races going some night this week, there's an option for Category - Gr 1, 2, 3, 4 and GR B. Anyone know where to find what cat a car is part of? I jsut saw either road car or racing car.

Also PP limit, Would be better if we were using non super cars for a few races at least, what would be an ideal PP limit to stop picking super cars but still have fast road cars in the mix?

A PP limit would be best for more closer and competitive racing. Only allow road cars with a PP of 500 maybe?

Another solution is maybe if all competitors drive a small hot hatch like a Renault Clio RS, so it will be down to driver skill as everyone has equal equipment.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

Lobbies are still broken. To change a setting you have to close the whole room and start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Is will show next to the PP if a car belongs in a certain group

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

What are people using for the 730PP races ? I have no issues with 700PP using the Pikes peak car and hard race tyres. But I’m not even close on 730pp races.

Cool thanks lads, will check it again later. Road cars maxed at 500pp could be a laugh but I'm sure there would be certain cars that would have an advantage over others. Also looks like you can't select a base car and has to be a car you own. Will see if i can get on tonight about 10.30. will post here if i can get a lobby going.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

I would definitely agree on this, everyone in the same stock car, Clio RS 16' being a good car to start as its cheap at 32k. Then we could maybe have a vote on the next car to use. Could maybe even get a league going if we had the numbers and everyone could get on at a certain day/time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,137 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Are there go karts in GT7? Lake Magorie has built two new pit complexes since GT Sport that would be ideal for go karting. Can't get more even then that.

Advertisement