Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

I got all gold with a controller only never golded all the licences in a GT game before so was happy when i did.

watch the demos memorise gears and speed the demo uses for places you are losing time.

For S7 the car can go so fast around corners way faster than most cars in the game avoid the sausage kerbs and follow the demo ghost lines as tightly as possible, even set the ghost to be a half second/second ahead to see where it goes, the first haripin and the cork skrew are the killers for time loss get them right and you should get it. I think I only had traction control on 1 or 0 as this car is stuck to the track all other assits off bar the standard ABS.

As for S10, wow tried that so much to get it right but got there eventually I actually did it with all assists on, I think steering was set to weak not strong but yeah shaved off soo much time using them vs not. Get around turn 1 and up Radillion and Eau rouge quicker than the ghost and it puts you in good standing for the rest of the lap. most turns can actually be done a gear higher than the recommended but not all, but yeah if the lighting was a little better and you could see the wet it would be much easier.

I have all the original missions golded bar the last 2 drift ones the viper and the scoobie they are silver... I hate drifiting and just cant string the score together. I dont think ill ever gold them. Havent done the endurance ones yet.

One of the biggest annoyances with the game is that stupid ticket roulette its so fixed to give you the minimum 99% of the time bar the occasional car/high prize, is it predetermined or does pressing buttons make any diference?

The rolling starts/AI cheating is just a poor way to nerf players cause they cant be bothered put proper rules to stop you using over powered cars

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

One thing I noticed about the drifting ones is again to be a gear higher than the display says. I'm not the best at it, but I've managed a few so far. Still though, S10... Might try it with the assists, just using TCS2 or 3 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I was hoping for a price reduction in the days of play sale!

Guess I was hoping for too much 😁

I'm still playing FH5 almost 3 -4 nights a week since it's Nov release last year (mainly doing the seasonal challenges)! Has this game got any staying power for those who bought it at release?

From a casual standpoint with no interest in online, it has quite a bit, between the licences, missions and cafe menu. But FH5 it is not, and I wouldn't even compare the 2!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I'm still playing here and there and I completed the menu books ages ago.

The desire to grind for any of the expensive cars is gone though. In saying that I think I have 110 cars so already have something for pretty much any occasion.

If the top price cars were not so ridiculously expensive I'm might play a bit more but there's no way I'm gonna grind for multiple 10mil plus cars with current payouts.

Also the lack of grid starts may eventually make me move onto something else for racing.

Yeah forza horizon and this are different game,this is a track racer which leans more in the direction of sim. Both really good games at what they do though,although I preferred the map in forza horizon 4

Yeah, that was kind of a dumb thing for me to say! I mean I wouldn't compare the Horizon series with the Motorsport series in Forza! 😆 Completely different games!

I guess what I mean is, are there weekly content updates or challenges to keep the player base interested, or is it all there at the start and you do it at your own pace?

I will buy it at some point for sure, but waiting for a sale!

The only weekly things I can see are the Sport races change. There's also a hub type place to meet up and do random races I think, never used it. And they'll probably add more missions as it goes on. Wouldn't be as "active" with content as FH5. But again, I don't play online usually so maybe others can say more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Well, scratch all that. Less than three months later and I've agreed to sell my Logitech wheel and pedals to a friend after I ordered a fanatec setup that will work on both consoles for stupid money 😬

This sim racing thing really escalated quickly for me. I'm on the hunt for another PS5 now so I can get into Gran Turismo when the fanatec gear turns up next month. Would like to get through it before Forza 8 is out most likely at the end of the year, would be good timing to do a proper comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I wish they'd turn down the glare of the sun reflecting off back windows in front of you. Can barely see with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

Obviously they're completely different games, but for me Gran Turismo offers far more compelling content that keeps me interested far longer. FH is much more consistent and regimented with it's set of weekly tasks to fill up your progress bar and get prizes, but honestly I tuned out after a couple of seasons because it was all so samey and I was only playing for the sake of checking off lists. You can take a Mini, a Mustang and an Elise, tune them all to A800, and they'll all feel almost identical. Take the same three cars in GT7, tune them all to 600pp, and they'll still feel completely unique and nothing like each other, even if they produce similar overall lap times. The tracks in Forza all start feeling the same too, you get different scenery depending where you are on the map but the point to point checkpoints never compare to a proper circuit racing game and the difference between, say, Monza and Laguna Seca.

As for Gran Turismo, there is a weekly rotation of multiplayer race events, but other than that there is no strict schedule and Polyphony just drop stuff into the game out of the blue every few weeks. You never really know what you're going to get. The latest drop has some new championships, one involving Japanese Kei cars (ultra light cheap road cars), one for extremely fast concept cars, and one for Le Mans Prototype class cars. Each championship feels wildly different to the others. They all feature cars that were already in the game (and one new one that was added to each category as part of the patch), but there were no single player championships that utilised them before now.

The previous patch was probably about 4 or 5 weeks ago and added 8 endurance races to the game, each with different track / car combinations, and each with a host of things to think about from weather forecasts to fuel and tyre consumption. So it's far less regular and consistent in the content being added, but for me far more compelling than FH. Polyphony have a good track record in GT Sport of supporting that game for years so I expect we'll be getting this sort of content dropping in the game for a long time, but again there's no real guarantee of when or what like there is in Forza.

Thanks for that @quokula very in depth, nice stuff 😊

Decided to pick up GT Sport today given how much I've enjoyed 7.

Made a mistake by buying the Spec 2 version for €15 instead of the standard for €10.

I've golded all the driving schools already🤣 In fairness though I've had a lot of practice lately with 7 and they are quite easy.

Was shocked to find tires cost nothing,you can just change them!

Money flows a lot easier aswell.

The handling does feel different from 7,I can feel the feedback a lot more in the wheel than in 7. Not in terms of strength of feedback, more in the way the feedback is delivered,actually feels a bit more connected to the car than in 7. Not saying 7 is bad for FFB, just different than sport

Was surprised graphics wise as well,Sprot holds up pretty well in comparison to 7.

Always felt the graphics were a little lack luster in 7,I have a feeling its going to be a PSVR2 game via a patch so they tailored the in race graphics accordingly.

Post edited by EoinHef on

Recently found out about the Lexus RC F GT500 '16 from a friend, very nice car to do Sardegna in.

Getting a little bit bored of Sardegna and Le Man grind for cash but for now I'm just trying to increase the amount of cars I can do them in for variety.

Completed 2 of the new menu books,got 1st/3rd/3rd to complete the Japanese light weight which I found tough tbh. Did it in a tuned cappuccino😁

The VGT series was made very easy by another Lexus,the LF-LC GT VGT,didnt do anything to it really but it just stomped the AI ,1st place first go each time, got that from a raffle ticket too🤷‍♂️

Tbh I feel the Gr.1 races that a lot of people were crying out for are a bit mental,were nearly talking flying saucer speed from what I can see, insane levels of grip with crazy horsepower starts to feel bit not like a game but a glitch,but hey its optional

Post edited by EoinHef on

Great to see the Watkins Glen circuit being added. One of my favourite tracks in the Forza Motorsport games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Making my way through the missions as I have all the menu books completed.

The Moby Dick one where you have to overtake in the GTR at Suzuka, jesus christ. Closest I can get to the lead car is about 1.5 seconds, constantly held up by 2nd and 3rd cars and have had to restart more times due to trying to outbrake them at the first hairpin and getting clipped by one of them as they turn in.

That one took the most tries for me. I watched loads of videos, but not a single video matched every experience I had. Nearly all of them had 1st and 2nd close to each other going round the last bend so they could slipstream into the lead. My lad in first was always way ahead, no hope of catching him. In the end, I won by managing to get into second at the end of the straight before the hairpin S bend (Porsche-Dunlop? Think I heard someone call it that...). The closest I came before that was getting into second at the bend after aforementioned S bend. Which is what the below lad did. It needs near perfect lines.

https://www.reddit.com/r/granturismo/comments/tb6jz9/gt7_moby_dick_the_pass_gtr_mission/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I think there's a bit of randomness to the missions too. While trying to beat some of them I've set times that have absolutely smashed the times others on the leader boards have set but they've managed to win with their time and I was only coming second with mine!

I've left some of them after multiply tries and come back to them later and won with slower times than I set earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That’s definitely the case alright. There was one overtaking mission I was finding impossible (can’t remember which but it wasn’t the GTR one, found that handy enough) and I must’ve tried for three hours never getting close to the gold. Looked at a YouTube guide for it and they beat it with a slower time than I could manage.

Loaded it again the following day and beat it first try, it seemed like there were different cars on track as well.

Really poor design from Polyphony on the mission AI, there’s no doubt about that.

• Advertisement

Starting to give up on this now, not enough new content , lack of fixing the glaring issues that are still there(sport mode is a joke) No real progress in making the economy tolerable and still can't sell cars.

Sony "live service" does not look good if you take this game as representative.

It's such a shame that it's the systems of the game rather than the driving itself having 90% of the issues. The driving itself feels good but the rest of the game just let's it down and I feel I've hit a ceiling in my tolerance for it.

I have moved on from the game. Had a good time racing against Zero, Jim, Marty, Darc and other boardsies (sorry I forgot your names) in multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Went back at this to have another crack at the GTR mission as it was the only one left in that group when I finished the Tsukuba race.

Eventually got it, just pipped the lead car at the finish line.

Polished off the next group handy enough as well, although the 30 mins High Speed Ring took a few attempts to get the right weather.

Decided to have another stab at the licenses then, got gold on the Laguna Seca one after about 40 mins or so of trying. It helped that I'd used that car for 2 or the 3 GR.1 Prototype races from the menu book.

Golded the next two easily enough and then got to S-10.

Few attempts getting Eau Rouge right without spinning out, then ended up hammering the gold time on my 2nd full lap..

Have the last set of missions left to make my way through now, also making use of the Red Bull car for the Sardegna 800pp race, gonna mess with the fuelling to see if I can do a one stop race instead of two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

I just recently got this 2nd hand to go along with my sons Logitech wheel.

so far it was well worth it for half price but I’m having issues with lag online.

What upload speeds should I have to give a smooth performance online? My ISP (eir) seems to be throttling upload but not download despite opening ports on router.

is 3mb upload enough when you were playing online?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,137 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I had a feeling this would happen eventually. New update gives 2 new layouts to Barcelona. The 90s layout with no chicane in sector 3 and a rallycross layout.

Also a real McLaren F1 car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

So no new track again nearly 6 months in and a single new track was it? 3 cars a month is getting tiring.

Oh look wow an actual f1 car watch it cost 99 million credits cause wait the economy is still a steaming pile of sh1te. Can't sell cars still, the fixed roulette tickets, stupid prices for a lot of classic cars and even then they aren't always available. No new music rally tracks or music in general, There is some good music in the game but it pales to previous in the series.

There is a lot to like about this game I still jump on a race pretty much every day but there is equally a lot to be disappointed with. They really wanted it to be a full price pay more to win triple A game.

Yeah it sux cause the driving is fantastic. Just after you finish the campaign and the challenges all your left with is the **** monetisation and grind systems they have in place to push you to MT'S.

Shame cause this could have really took off other wise...now the thought of going back to grind for one of these cars is just meh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

GT7 Has been a total letdown feckin drip feeding us content a completely under developed game!

I got the game a month or so ago. I finished the cafe last night and the credits rolled, is that really it?? I've the missions to do now as well but it seems there are 3 licence tests for me to do that are completely pointless, and a handful of touring car events I can enter. The single player campaign barely touched on any proper sports cars, never mind LMP or the formula style racing cars they have too. I have to go out and buy these myself with the **** all money I've managed to get together so far? Seems a completely half baked campaign.

This is my first Gran Turismo since 2 so I haven't played the series in a long time, I remember there being way more races to enter back then. I had Sport briefly for the PS4 but didn't play much of it due to it being mostly online, have they shifted a lot of the gameplay to the online mode here too?

• Advertisement

Well I just went out and spent a million of the 4.5m credits I had on the 80s Formula One car and put the black Lotus livery on it so the game is instantly better for me now. Would love a proper classic F1 game for consoles.

Advertisement