Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

It is very difficult to get right but when you nail it it's exhilarating. Not in this game but I've done hundreds of laps around it in sim racing games and it took a long time to get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,959 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm going to see if I can turbo-charge and super-charge one of my cars. It's called twin charging and a rally car called the Lancia Delta S4 had it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Licenses all passed. That final exam is a pain. Any mistake in braking or acceleration has that Porsche skidding off the track.

I've around 27 menus done. I think there is 38 or 9. So a bit to go.

Kind of hit a weird space. I've two GR cars a 3 and a 4. But both are too powerful for any of the available races.

So just doing missions at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I had to add a few kg and reduce the power to the Swift Gr car in order to get into the races, so check that out. Still won. That's some car! Crazy difference between them and the road cars. Never really noticed it as much as this in other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Just finished one of the missions there, it's driving the Veyron and trying to see how far you get on limited fuel. Managed to get the gold fairly handy but definitely an interesting drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Probably a stupid question, but where can you access the saved race replay photos in the gam? I can find my saved Scapes photos but not the race ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The online requirement for the game has come back to bite them as the game is now crippled with the servers down.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭flazio

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

First day off in a while so planed to play gt7 when I woke up this morning.

Maintenance all morning and they have nerfed the already low payouts in some events.

They are really trying their best to force you towards buying credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

27k for tires for every car was nearly doing that already,I refuse to buy MTs in this game though unless they contain actual content like more cars and tracks.

I mean I already €80 to buy the game amd they want people to also spend on MTs. They make it too harsh and your just gonna have a hardcore left and all the casuals be gone

From this article,some hefty nerfs:

https://racinggames.gg/gran-turismo/polyphony-rolls-out-huge-nerf-to-credit-rewards-in-gran-turismo-7/

Post edited by EoinHef on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

That's really sleazy carry on. Haven't bought the game yet because I refuse to pay €80 but that is turning me off getting it at all

The kicker is people are complaining about the nerf but honestly the credit rewards felt to low givin the prices of some of the cars before the nerf,so there nerfing what were already perceived as low rewards.

At minimum they haven't been in line with previous GT games.

Sad to see and kinda does make me regret buying the game despite the actual racing being very good.

In a game about racing and collecting cars there making collecting cars other than the menu book ones obnoxious

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

I think people are misremembering past GT games if they think this one is less generous because I recall always having to do races repeatedly to save up enough credits for a slightly better car to take on the next set of races every step of the way.

GT7 is a breeze by comparison. By the time I finished the menus I had a roster of 50 or so cars, a suitable car for just about any possible race that might come up, and about 2 million credits in the bank, all without ever having to grind for cash or do something repeatedly. It feels like the most generous GT game yet.

And it’s not a matter of being generous or stingy, it’s a matter of being balanced. Some other games throw cars at you constantly, and they all feel the same and you stop caring about them. In Gran Turismo you’ve always had to do a bit of work and chosen carefully what car to buy, so each one is a real event that matters.

Nobody plays Skyrim and expects to get all the high level abilities without grinding for them, claiming “I’ve already paid my money” because obviously it would be a worse game if you just got everything without working up to it. For me Gran Turismo is no different. The difficulty in acquiring cars is part of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Most generous GT yet? An update reducing payouts for high priced cars already screams that they're not making as much as they thought under microtransactions. In the older Gran Turismos you were able to sell cars to offset the cost of newer ones. They've not allowed that this time under the guise of 'building a collection'.

So you're line of it being the "most" generous is quite frankly BS.

You do end up with more cars but they are all under powered. The money you earn is put into a handful that can compete. The rest of the cars are kinda pointless. By the time you clear the menus you are well past a Renault Clio.

It's unbelievable that this game is still unplayable. I got gold in all the music rally yesterday and of course the game didn't save them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭flazio

No update on their twitter. I wonder if this might be a massive DDOS attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

By the time you complete the menus you have cars in every category up to and including 800pp, plus a couple of million in spare credits to spend how you see fit. It's totally disingenuous to imply you're left with a garage full of Renault Clios. Even discounting the garage, the credits you have are enough to get a competitive car in literally any category. The only cars you can't afford are the really rare and exclusive cars but they're never necessary to compete. These cars have always been a long term target to work towards in Gran Turismo, which is nothing new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭bren2001

I cannot play the single player campaign for over 24 hours because the servers are down. This is a joke

I didn't say you are left with a garage of Clio's.

I said by the time you have cleared the menus you are driving in cars that are far more powerful than a Clio.

So the vast majority of the 100+ cars you unlock doing the menus you don't need. There is no option to sell them and invest in making the next step up.

Update 1.080.000 is out now so hopefully that fixes it

edit: still get the error

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Yipp. I'm still not getting in. This is the one game I've been waiting 10+ years for, since gt5. I bought the 25th anniversary edition and all. Never again. This is a pos.

Edit. I just played a drift challeng in world circuit and I'm getting a lot of flickerin graphics. 1.08 is broke.

Post edited by jonerkinsella on

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Servers are back up.

Seems to boil down to trust us,not so sure they have earned the right to ask for trust givin the naked over monetisation of the game and the always online element to the SP.

If the payments are being changed to be inline with a future update why didn't they update the payments when the future update dropped?

Man I really hope they can fix this properly some how,I really wanna like this game because the actual racing is good.

Also cars need to be linked to real world prices? Anyone who goes into the used car dealership in game can see the prices are nowhere near real world prices. 98' Lancer Evo for nearly 70k? A 99' S2000 costs 100k? Not sure what he's smoking but I'll have some😁 Without upgrades aswell🤦‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was gonna buy this today but between servers down and talks of mtx boosting, I'm gonna put it off, see how it's looking next weekend maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Finally did it, gold in every license challenge. Spent quite a while on S-10 at Spa but I’ve never felt as good for achieving something in a game.

Lovely Red Bull X2019 and a gold trophy for my troubles. Just checked and that Red Bull car is worth 3 million! Boosted my collector level from 13 directly to 18. 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭bren2001

Struggling to get gold on all the B licenses 😂. Fair play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I really hope this fiasco gathers pace and it blows up in PD/Sonys face.

People will disagree but personally I’m disgusted by what’s happened this week. The online requirement for single player was a red flag. No option to sell cars, changing the goalposts on credit rewards…

Clearly the MTX revenue was well below what PD had forecast and greed/desperation got the better of them. Yet the people who just paid €80 for it are being urged to be patient.

Hugely damaging and hopefully the game can be salvaged.

Advertisement