Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 14; Russell T Davies Returns

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

So her biological parents were normal people, god that is an annoying ending. Fully sure that crazy neighbour is Missy, could have used a reveal there as well though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

What a terrible way to finish things up,it really felt like davies had made a mystery too big that he couldnt write his way out of so decided to go for a cop out of shes completely normal. Also like others pointed out it leaves so many plotholes like what was she saying to the people to make them run in 73 yards? Or why when they went to do the DNA scan did it start to snow again if the snow was actually from the neighbour who by that stage was dead?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

What's this I'm reading: RTD shaping a gigantic tease with no pay-off? Completely overblown and melodramatic danger in the finale with wishy-washy solution?

It's so weird 'cos we know he can write grounded, focused material since his first days with Who, but with the show he was and I guess from what I'm reading, remains, prone to just ramming everything up to 11 logic and structure be damned.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

This season was far more enjoyable than the last few (low bar, I know but even so..). Love the energy of Gatwa's Doctor and his friendship with Ruby is one of the best Doctor/companion dynamics since the reboot. It's a caring one, much more straightforward.

RTD's strengths still shine (character moments, some dialogue) but he cannot craft a proper finale without it being completely over the top. Did it again here. And tying all the resolutions like he did? I mean was there any good reason at all for Ruby's mum to be so melodramatic flouncing around in a cloak and pointing at a sign like that.

That aside, looking forward to the next season - just ease off the scale of the finales. Try something low key for a change but important to the Doctor. Susan would be a good one for that.

Advertisement