Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On Eir - is it worth replacing the F3000 WiFi hub??

Options
  • 24-09-2021 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

Ok so looking for some advice, again!!, Am a customer with Eir for years and have had issues on and off with Eir. Engineers have called out and "fixed" issues but never get a decent run of hassle free broadband connection

Latest issue was with my iMac (and I think my Amazon Alexa Dot speaker) - My iMac in particular can be working fine browsing internet etc then all of a sudden refreshing a webpage connection is lost - I can see a full fan on the 5Ghz frequency but no amount of page refresh will resolve and only when I switch to 2.4Ghz frequency then normal internet service resumed

Now I did come across a boards.ie discussion where it seems Eir may've forced a firmware update and this creates something called "band steering" - not fully understanding of band steering myself.

Before I could see both frequencies as separate entities on my available WiFi networks but now I don't seem to be able to.

Question_1

Would anyone here recommend replacing the F3000 router with something better, more reliable, two separate channels [2.4Ghz and 5Ghz]

Is it a straight forward plug 'n play option or do you need Eir support to complete?

If it is a good idea to replaced can anyone suggest a suitable device?

Question_2

Has anyone else seen this issue with the F3000 router? That is loss of 5Ghz presence in their available networks??

thanks folks

Advertisement