Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your thoughts on the fertiliser price s for 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭jaymla627

You where questioning weather ukraine had military assets in Odessa and using schools as army bases the above is a example of them lobbying missiles into civilian areas to kill civilians, their was no military targets your a glorified russian bot at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭yosemitesam1

How do you know? When was the last time you were in the port in Odessa, I haven't been there so don't know.

Take nothing anyone says at face value is all I do know.

Europe is heading for major collapse if we keep going the current trajectory

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

It's in Europe's interest that Russia fails to take over Ukraine.

If it comes at a small to moderate cost, yes. But is Ukraine worth collapsing the euro, our economy and creating major divisions within the EU for?

I don't think it is. But that is where we are heading

What should Europe do. They have to pick a side. I don't see to many options for the European leaders. America will keep sending hardware as long as Ukraine are putting it to good use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭straight

It's just money lad. Too much of that around anyway it seems. One kind of has to pick a side and I only see one aggressor. Putin is one of the world's richest men, surrounded by more of the world's most wealthiest men. They are using the lives of poor misfortunate fighters from the caucuses and Siberia to take resources and minerals from their neighbouring country. Personally I'd love to watch the life draining from Putin's eyes and the world would be a safer place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭older by the day

Fertilizer supposed to rise here on Monday

Post edited by older by the day on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Do the Ukrainians have any minesweepers left ? I know the UK are training them up on some , but it may not be simple to get them there .. I wouldn't be surprised if the small vessel targeted by the Russian missile strike was one of the few(or only) in Odessa that had a mine sweeping capability ..

Effectively cutting off Odessa while claiming to be releasing it's resources for the good of humanity . And flogging your own ,to like minded African nations ..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

I'd say Ukraine could make do with trawlers or divers They are usually just detonated when on the surface. Ukraine says they will be exporting grain this week

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

For a complete novice interested in giving this a go. What do I need please:

Ibc tank or blue barrell

Bag normal urea 50kg

Have a 300 sprayer. Any adjustments needed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Jonnyc135

I have never tried it myself but some of the lads here might let u know, think they use an ibc tank and hardwall mixer,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭dmakc

Seeing 1050 urea

940 cut sward

Is 0-7-30 & urea bought now still good for first cut 2023?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭cute geoge

• Registered Users Posts: 13,829 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Will it be got.

The problems of last year for fertilizer are an awful lot worse now.

Gas supplies are fupped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭cute geoge

plenty of gas ,but just not in europe .It is dear enough at them prices and co op will surely source fert. outside europe ,I am not saying it will be much cheaper but can not see it dearer either

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

I'm not sure what I'll do myself yet, but will fertiliser at 1000/ton be a tipping point for anyone not in dairy or tillage?

New norm or not, I think I'll be considering cutting numbers and/or organic if I have to carry the risk of 1000/ton when the beef market is a cartel with nothing even remotely near a guarantee on price.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

I wasn't in my local branch of the coop with a week or so but called in just before lunch today. There's been a massive clear out of fertiliser. Stocks are at a minimum almost Like something you'd see over the winter. There was a fine heap of stuff there all year. I wonder are lads hoovering it up or is the coop blaggarding us again. The branch manager was off and was being staffed by 2 young lads who didn't know much when I enquired.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,667 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Governments has no time to react to the impact the war had on fertlizer prices. There is resistance to price increases from farmers and product use has dropped.

There will be a move to make sure there is a certain amount of supply available for farmers. High prices cure high prices. I would not be panicked at present.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 13,829 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Half of the nitrogen in the world is made in China, it's continuing its ban on exports.

Europe factories are going to be shutting soon, and will stay shut well in to next year. That is about 15%.

Already well over half, Russia will surely not be selling much this Winter and Spring in to Europe.

I think a good reserve of fodder is a good Idea.

Have you seen any talk of this anywhere? Doesn't seem to be on anyone's radar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

If I've learnt anything from the last year its to trust your own instincts, nobody knows the answer to what's around the corner. The advice on the Dairy thread earlier in the year was to slash cow numbers and sell off maiden heifers even though heifer price was on the floor and milk price was rising. Anyone that followed that advice made a costly mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Anyone that cut numbers with current prices will be kicking themselves. I bought alot of fert lately, problem is co op wants it paid within 3 months... still I have enough till april may 23 which is nice to know

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Bought good shot of urea last week and nearly deal done for some super p …all for next year ….similar terms to you pay over next 3 months ….made a judgement call based on what I see happening with putin and his Russian gas over next few months …

• Registered Users Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭Grueller

I have all of next years fert up to this time next year in the yard. Pay by end of October so similar terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

I'd say that's why yards are getting empty!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eire23

Was offered 18 6 12 at 810 a tonne. Thinking of buying... Do ye think it will be as good as it gets?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

810 is good value …..in current times ….900/950 now around here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭Grueller

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Bought a artic load their just now for next year half can half 46 urea, can was 810 a ton and urea 975, whatever about urea which I reckon will be got cheaper then the above next year by a good margin, can in all likelihood won't be available at any price given the gas situation in Europe....

The prices for compounds are crazy I was quoted 10.10.20 970 a ton 24.2.5.5 975 and 18.6.12 945

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

Word in the trade here is to expect 33-34%AN to be around €850-900/t.

Advertisement