Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your thoughts on the fertiliser price s for 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭stanflt

Yara is by far the best quality fertiliser you could buy-

i wouldn’t touch grassland ifi etc after spreading yara

• Registered Users Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

I’m out of market till late may …..know of a few around me grouping together and organising artic loads from up north …..the savings are huge in comparasion to what Liffeys and Arrabawn are quoting atm ….there dropping prices but not fast enough ….coops selling at high prices and dropping milk prices like lead will get little sympathy and custom and serves them right

• Registered Users Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭alps

Coops have a captured market, and they'll ride it. Only those who can pay up front can avoid their clutches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Cf a shower of cnuts that make dirty larry look honest, tried banning urea under green agenda 2 years ago. Deadtractor went with them to make it limited use in the spring if you want to sell assured grain.

Nitram from Poland

Yara is generally miles off on price unless wanted veg type special blends or pricy trace elements.

Diamond

Origin big supplier of straights

Bunns

Most urea/an atm is not commonlly branded product from eastern europe or egypt

Blends are a very small size of the market now with straights working out 10's of percentages cheaper if you've done the work to know whats wanted and can swallow 2+ passes and a historic supply of cheap alternative like burnt chivken poo or slagg from steel production,sludge,digestate and greenwaste composting etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Would straight p/k be used in the dairy world to front load or is that looking for trouble compared to crops as the saving can be low fractions and blends dont spread wide very well.

I suppose it's the smoke and mirrors suppliers use to make the margin bit like lime and wether they have sieved out the goodness to make cement and sell something that might start working in a few years, maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 mike123123

What are the prices for the equivalent of 18-6-12 and pasture sward per ton up north. I rang fane valley and they kept on about the analysis of the fertilser, and they couldnt help me as they didnt seem to know the north's equivalent of 18-6-12 and pasture sward.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭alps

AFAIK Fane valley are 50% owners of Drummonds. I'm surprised that they will compete with it's southern company.

Interestingly the other 50% is owned by freshgrass /(grasslands). Grasslands boss, Liam Woulfe is chair of Drummonds.

He is also a bord member of teagasc..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Is there any issue with an ordinary part timer heading north to get a few tonne at a time?…….

Of course distance away from border would be a big factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,661 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I am surprised that any fertilizer retailers in NI did not know the equivalent to Southern formulation. There is more than one way to. E unhelpful.

It would be anti competitive not to quote. To plead to not knowing our formulations is a hand get out of gaol clause.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭DBK1

Prices dropping daily around here now in the smaller merchants. CAN can be got for €630 now in 2 places with one of them predicting it to drop more by middle of next week. Hopefully it stays going that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭valtra2

Urea 765

Pasture swart 825

Cut swart 835

Urea €670 in the midlands.

There is one bigger merchant quoting €770 but I doubt he’ll sell too much when there’s 2 men within a few miles of him €100 cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭Grueller

Are we all hearing the same as myself, that straight nitrogen I.e CAN and urea will drop away, but compounds are going to be stubbornly expensive for the foreseeable?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭green daries

Hearing similar here but I think there's a good bit in compounds for later in the year 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Yara uk and yara Ireland have 2 different prices for fert

ceo of yara uk and yara Ireland is the same person

Yara urea is 565 in the south- it’s the same price in the north

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

Priced couple local places today for cutsward. 850e & 810e in big CO-OPs in Midlands and 720e at my local small agri store. Some difference. Local spot told me wait till next week as they expect it to drop again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Just off the phone from my local independent merchant. Prices per Ton, bulk bags

CAN €720

18.6.12 €820

10.10.20 €840

UREA €740

He has stock in the yard and these are his prices until that is sold and he need s to re-order.

North East Galway area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

You’re a better man than me or anyone else I know if getting urea fir 565 down here

I think it’s the fact of where I live- 25 minutes to the border- it’s also an advantage when selling dairy stock - cows tend to be cheaper further down the country

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭roosterman71

€830 for 18-6-12 in Tírlan/Glanbia/Avonmore in Laois. Was told to wait a week and it should be €800. Cash and no delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭green daries

To be got today in Galway at 550 cash up front 🤑🤑🤑

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Where is that? Pm me if you prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Itryhard

I'd appreciate a PM here also as to who the Galway supplier is. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Yara 18-6-12 €750

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Surely in the current climate, has this the potential to bring down one of the big fertiliser companies

I doubt it. They mad €500 per ton plus on last years stock. They’re looking at losing €200 per ton on a small amount of forward bought stock this year before they’re back to their normal operating margin. I can’t see it troubling them really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭ginger22

Local merchant claims he is loosing 50 Euros a ton on stock only a week old. Prices are falling by the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭straight

Didn't make a penny I bet just like everyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Anyone know what Urea or 18-6-12 is making around the south east?

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

Advertisement