Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 7 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Mount to Sarr or Benrahma or Bissouma....or someone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

He's playing as a 9 in that city team. Like I said don't expect to see him in the tough games which is fine but coming back after the break he will have only played 1 game in Italy opposed to foden sterling grealish Mahrez all playing twice and back much later with more travel. Jesus actually plays 3 games in the break as far as I can see. Add in champions League which pep will want to put to bed early it's not unreasonable to expect he plays decent minutes against Burnley and Brighton and possibly palace too. In the lesser games when they are playing with a 9 he doesnt have a huge amount of competition I think.. sterling Jesus and Torres are the 3 that could fill the role? Kdb foden and grealish could be a false 9 but I wouldnt expect that in the 3 'easier' games. He hasn't been as poor as you suggest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,077 ✭✭✭shmeee

Kante tested positive for Covid19 and now isolating. Hopefully this won't lead to more cases in the Chelsea camp so just keep eye on twitter before pulling trigger on the Chelsea assets.

It will be a last min transfer this week I feel especially with CL games on also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,192 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Just on that International Break. Brazil play their 3rd game at 1.30 am on October 15th (Thursday night, but technically Friday). With the long haul travel etc, I'm not sure how viable it is for Jesus to start for Man City on Saturday 16th at 3.00 pm. It would make Ederson a doubt too. Liverpool play Watford at 12.30 so that would almost definitely rule our Alisson, Fabinho, Firmino too. Everton play the 17th, so it may give Richarlison some time to recover and play.

That's before any potential furore happens again with UK based Brazilians.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Gilmour out, ESR in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Looking at a -8 to sort out injuries, get Antonio back in and switch back to 3-4-3.

James to Christensen

TAA to Alonso

Jota to Gallagher

Scarlett to Antonio

Getting rid of Antonio on wc was a mistake i think so just going to rectify it now before he does any more damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Didn't see that Bamford was dropping last night which is a bummer.

Thinking of making this move after the CL games tonight:

Bamford to Lukaku

TAA to Tomiyasu or Tierney

• Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Tierney looks the better threat in attack but is more injury prone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Ron to Rom like everyone else

With Trent out I have only White on my bench (Gilmour and Tsimi aren't playing) so I might do a hit to have another playing sub and just do next weeks move of another Chelsea D this week

• Advertisement

Alonso is starting for Chelsea again tonight. No English player is starting for Chelsea (which confirms that James, Chilwell, Mount, CHO & Barkley are not)

Does this make him more susceptible to rotation at the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

He played the league game before and after the Champions League in round 1 so I'd say it just shows that he is clear 1st choice now. He could well be rested but I think that's always a threat with a Chelsea defender bar Rudiger.

Just been hooked at HT, after being booked in the first half. By all accounts he had a shocker too. I wonder is Alonso's time up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Chilwell on the pitch 10 seconds and Juventus score lol

I don't get why there is this idea that Alonso's time is going to be up just because Chilwell is in the squad - it's like folk expect/think he deserves to be first choice. Alonso was made captain there for a game where Dave didn't start. Sure he might get rotated, but why expect that his time is up after just one half?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I brought Alonso in on Monday & now I’m very worried!

Chilwell was 1st choice last season

Yeah and the ball didn't go near the left wing of Chelsea. It was the opposite flank.

Alonso had a poor first half and was taken off at half time. Which is suggesting to me that there could be a change in their line up in the future. A few Chelsea fans I follow are saying he has had a few poor games in a row now.

• Advertisement

Was he still first choice when Tuchel came in? From what I remember he was still rotated quiet a bit, indeed most of the English lads who saw game time under Lampard didn't get much game time while the likes of Rudiger, Alonso and Christensen spent most of Lampard's time on the bench. Lampard was only sacked in late January, so Chillwell saw a lot of football up to that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Im not watching this game so can’t comment but generally I think fpl fans get a little blinded by his attacking threat as a wingback compared to his ability as a player in real life. Hes a good pro but very prone to a bad game against decent opposition and really struggles in a back 4.

As a Chelsea fan I’m hoping for Chilwell to get reintegrated into the starting 11 and hopefully develop into a top class left back.

1FT left and confirmed news that Bamford is out.

I have Jota & Greenwood I’d like to move on too so pondering over my first hit of the season.

€2.3m ITB.

Could go Vardy & a 7.3m midfielder or could go Son & similar prices attacker.

Alternative is no hit & straight swap to anyone priced from Aubameyang down.

Plenty of options available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,699 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

You'd kind of think if Tuchel is re-integrating Chilwell then the Southampton fixture this weekend is where it could happen. How did he get on last night after Alonso was subbed at half time? That in itself isnt a good signal so he must have had a poor 45 for Tuchel to do that. Otherwise I saw it mentioned that Alonso was given the armband for a recent game so maybe Tuchel trusts him more than we think?

I just did Shaw to Rudiger this week with the intention of getting Alonso next week but depending on what happens this weekend I might lean towards Azpi instead as he should replace James at RB but also plays CB as well. He'll have less attacking returns than Alonso but is more guaranteed to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Interesting discussion here. Was all set to bring in Alonso for TAA, but now I'm seriously considering Rudiger. My squad's in a place at the moment where a rotation might not be mitigated by a decent sub coming in, so nailedness would be quite important... I think for others there might be a reasonable argument going for Alonso even if you knew he was only starting 70% of the time but not sure I can afford that risk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Wil the cheap option Christensen at 5.0 continue to hold his place in most games? I have Rudiger but was looking at a double up. I will have two playing subs for any week either is rotated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Tuchel joined Chelsea on 26th Jan, exact half point of the season (19 games in). At that point Chilwell had played 16 of 19 games and Alonso just the 3 that Chilwell was injured for. Clear Chilwell number 1.

From that point on that season, Chiwlell played 11, Alonso played 10, split time really.

This season, 6 games gone, Alonso played all 6, Chilwell benched for 6 (not injured).

At worst Alonso/Chilwell go back to splitting time, but from this season's evidence it's Alonso's spot. I wildcarded in GW4 and at that time, there was the worry that Chilwell will get back in, there's the same worry now, probably the same worry every week till Christmas.

I've no doubt Chilwell will get games and Alosno a rest, it's no different to most other positions, if ya want the attacking defs/mids, expect some rotation (not 50/50)

Yea that's what I was thinking, can't say any player was first choice last season based on games, as Tuchel only joined in the second half of the season. Mendy is probably the only guarantee player in the defense unit that plays unless injured. Everyone else will miss games, the key is regardless of who you pick to have a strong bench. There seems to be a lot of teams that might only have 14 players, with the likes of Scarlett sitting on bench or other non-playing players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I think I will go with Alonso and Cancelo and accept they will miss some games as I have decent back up defenders this year like Duffy and Livramento. The only thing I dont want is a 1 pointer sub appearance from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Debating -4 for Jimi and Brownhill IN, Perica and Greenwood OUT.

Probably madness to take a hit for one player but it does setup my team nicely for Jimi’s nice run of fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Seen on Twitter that Alonso got called up to the national team as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭macraignil

I brought in Mendy at the end of last season as Martinez had a tough run of fixtures and found Mendy was not guaranteed to start all the Chelsea games either with Tuchel happy to play Arrizabalaga in that position as well. I don't think there is anyone in the Chelsea defense that we can say is 100% going to start every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Ninja Avenger

Jota and Ayling to Raphinha and Rudiger for a hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Have already used 2 FT with 1.5 ITB

TAA & Shaw > Rudiger & Azpi (the latter is a placeholder for Reece James when fit)

Is it madness to look at Jota & Dennis > ESR & Antonio for a -8

Would leave me with (-8)

Sanchez (Steele)

Azpi, Rudiger, Marcal (White, Livramento)

Salah, Raphinha, ESR, Gray (Sissoko)

Lukaku, Ronaldo, Antonio

Otherwise looking at this week, no hits.

Sanchez (Steele)

Azpi, Rudiger, Marcal, White (Livrameno)

Salah, Raphinha, Jota, Gray (Sissoko)

Lukaku, Ronaldo (Dennis)

Afraid of Jota not starting and Antonio doing damage. Also rather not do hits but feel ESR & Antonio would make up for it.

• Advertisement

I’m looking at Aubameyang - who has played 90 mins in his last 3.

Arsenal have no Europe to worry about & looks like Arteta can start to settle on an Xi & get a bit of rhythm & form going.

Next 5 matches aren’t too bad either.

I can do a straight swap for Bamford.

The alternative was Vardy + Raphina or Saka (for Jota) for a -4.

What are peoples thoughts on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭FantasyFool

Is Dwight McNeil an option lads? Brought Townsend last gameweek working on the positive trend of midfielders vs. that Norwich outfit and pretty much have the money to bring in McNeil.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Bruno confirmed he was on pens last night so presumably this will also apply in the PL. Lessens Ronaldo's appeal somewhat.

I’ve had a sleep on it & I’ll be going with Aubameyang & Raphina for Jota & Bamford.

Total of a -4 this week with Trent to Alonso already done.

Bench currently is TAA, Ayling and Bamford.

Alonso and Jota in the team....

FT used already to get rid of Shaw, which now was a bad move as he may play at least the weekend.

Might just roll with what I have and pray.

First week where I'm kinda like, oh feckkkkkk..... In a bit of bother here.

Jota to Raphinha is obvious enough move. But would rather move on the red flags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Coufal now flagged as well (groin injury) ffs so that leaves me with a very shakey back line of himself, TAA, Shaw, Alonso and Tsimakas.

I was nearly set on taking a hit (and delaying the Wildy) to get rid of Torres and one of Shaw/TAA but might have to rethink

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Do we think Greenwood will get rested on Saturday? Has played every minute so far and midweek. Early kick off Saturday too.

I think many will be hoping rockstar could pull out the goods on Saturday morning with some early team news. But I don't think we new deadline he get's them in.... Still early before media but deadline now is a killer!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Think I'm definitely turned off Alonso now reading more about it. I'd be okay with rotation if he was undisputed number 1, but form what I understand it's looking more like a battle for that spot, with many expecting Chilwell to start this weekend.

So Rudiger or Azpi for me I think.

• Advertisement

He was rested in the previous CL game

I think he played Wednesday due to the situation Ole is in. Ole trusts him & played his strongest team on Wednesday.

It’ll be the same again on Saturday - Ole will play his strongest team

Add to that, any rest Greenwood will get will be in the upcoming internationals.

Nice to see someone jumping onto the Auba train with me. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Already took Shaw out for Rudiger but now looking at having to move on Jota for a -4. Id have 7.9 to spend but I cant see any clear options as I already have Raphinha and Sarr. What are people going for instead of Jota?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

So who to captain this week - Antonio or Lukaku?

Was also looking at my midfield with Kavacic or Zaha, but I think it would be better to pick from the 2 strikers.

Id say everyone who has Lukaku will captain him this week otherwise what's the point of having him!? Saying that if West Ham get any joy against Brentford Antonio could be great differential.

I'm here seeing also who could be a Jota replacement, again finding a player who has potential to hit 6+ points ain't easy around that price point that you can be confident in (apart from ones I already own like yourself)

And the more I look at it, I might just leave him in and get rid of Ayling for a -4 but again. I will need a CS to even make it worth while and have 2 Chelsea defensive assets already.

Could just lock my team in now, no playing subs and Jota and Alonso in my XI and just hope to not get a massive red arrow from 116k and worry about it all after the international break and WC then if necessary....... Easy right!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I sold him for Gallagher. Saka/ESR could also be good options with Arsenal's nice fixtures.

I have this fear of having too many lower priced players that are currently playing well but will it last! Than when you try and replace them you will have to dig up most of your team to find a way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Mid-priced players performing well has always been the secret to winning in this game. Gundog last year, Mahrez in his breakout year, Ramsey before that. Many more examples I'm forgetting

True but theres a lot of options this year picking the right one is going to be hard.

You’ve just answered your own fears.

You won’t have to “dig up the team” as you can jump to and from with “there’s a lot of options this year”

• Advertisement
Advertisement