Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shittest PC ever

Options
  • 26-09-2021 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭

Spec me the most basic crap ever haha. No really I need a PC for the grandparents. With age comes great "No patience"

I need a basic machine for web and youtube use. Money is no object but don't want to spend more than I have too.

I have a monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, windows etc..

Just need the the box. The only thing i ask is large storage. SSD for speed + a TB or 2 extra for photos. Needs to be fast

Basically just want something where i don't get a call every day saying "This PC is a piece of ****"

Comments

I have a beelink mini pc set up in the garage for web browsing and watching streaming services when on the exercise bike.. Has an expansion slot for an SSD.

includes windows 10 and was circa 150euro new

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Only half-joking. You'd be surprised at how much you can get done on an iPad.

For a "desktop" I'd look into the ASROCK DeskMini series, or Intel NUCs. They’re barebones kits that only need a CPU with iGPU (i.e. APU), RAM & SSD to complete (NUC comes with built-in APU).

1TB SSDs are running around 75-80eur/GB. RAM is still cheap enough that 16GB is well within any budget.

And if you want to be super-cheap, get an old Lenovo or Dell office system with an Intel i5 4000 or higher. Can be picked up for as little as 80eur and just needs SSD, RAM, maybe a quieter fan.

Advertisement