Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord allows no visitors

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

That's saying you can have guests, just not lots of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Amadan Dubh

I'm just talking about how the rtb would look at it, since they are obsessed with tenants and protecting them.

Practically speaking, a landlord wouldn't do well to say "the condition in the lease says 'no visitors' and the tenant had visitors, therefore I served notice to terminate the lease". That fact alone wouldn't be enough for the rtb who would, probably and likely, look for more evidence along the lines of the tenant with their visitors causing a nuisance to the other tenants so the landlord would need the other tenants to present evidence to that effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,548 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

However at present it's a condition of your lease. Remember a LL can terminate a rental in the first six months without anyone reason. Even after that the RTB cannot change the law. If they refuse to judicate in the LL favour a court will. I would doubt if the RTB would not adhere to the law. The real risk for a tenant is that the KL will refuse to refund the deposit as the tenant has broken the lease conditions

Slava Ukrainii

Advertisement