Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Range Rover Velar ignored in Ireland

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

You're correct, it doesn't affect all cars.

But it affects enough that I'd be very concerned about the good chance of one of them being mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

Yep, what i said, half the price of spirit. £300 plus vat. for a Service B, full service. Long drive away from Dublin though.

Fill your boot full of cheap booze close to Christmas and it’ll make the drive worth while I’d say.

good idea. loads of room in the back of a velar too. 👍️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭goochy

day off work too ?

did you try Stuarts and Conlans ?

conlans in kildare €410 ''A'' service. €655 ''B'' Service. incl vat.

Didnt try Stuarts.

Just checked my sent emails, i asked stuarts for a quote but they didnt reply.

strange I really thought fixed price servicing had meant when it came to just servicing , main dealers were fairly competitive .

As said i am amazed the main dealer in Cork is full of vehicles all the time ( and not all vehicles still under warranty ) if they are charging those prices. I am always surprised to see so many older vehicles there . The service dept alone could keep that place going.

At the moment the service Dept is keeping it going, I deal with them and they can’t get new cars until third quarter of next year.

I know we are a small country but surely each country such be a portioned an amount of each model. Like why hasn't the new range rover arrived here ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭Frankie19

If its under warranty I'd stick with a LR garage...you should only need 1 service per year and I think warranty is 3 years on most models? I wouldnt risk something major going and they refuse to cover it as it wasn't serviced by them.

I got an email from them saying if I didn't service within 1k miles/ 1600km or 1 month of when service was due my warranty could be void. €650 Incl VAT for 212 hybrid Evoque for standard service. My previous car a Disco sport was €500.

Must say I have had no hassle with the Evoque and very happy with it. Foot rest did break off but they replaced it under warranty. The Disco sport gave me a bit of bother ....exhaust sensor issue and dpf filter system failed and had to be replaced. All covered under warranty though.

My next car will be full electric so it will depend on if RR are at the races by then. Currently have plug in hybrid and its a waste of time.

saw a 222 C new model RR SPORT at Johnson and Perrott , possibly a demo model. Strange that it came out after the Full fat RR yet it hasnt arrived here yet.

I suspect all the garages got one for demo, Joe Duffy LR has one on their site as well for 125k

Edit: Spoke to LR today, delivery for RRS is now first quarter 2024.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

never been a fan of RR sport ( original or outgoing model ) , however do like the look of new RR sport . Reading a review , aside from a big price increase its also moved closer to full fat RR interms of rear space and refinement .

With the price increases some buyers of the full fat RR might ' trade down '.

I’m not sure if it’s a trade down, people buy both for different reasons, but I get where you are coming from as the space is similar. But driving a RR is a different experience to the Sport. For those used to driving one, it’s like changing from a 5 series to a 3 series, those used to the larger car don’t necessarily change to the smaller one just because the 3 is a bit better than it’s predecessor.

Though the new price is higher, trade in values are also higher, my 211PHEV is currently trading at 10% higher than I paid for it, the biggest problem is getting them to take an order and agree to hold the price for the year it takes to delivery. I’m off to Dublin on the 4th to see if I can nail down an order, no luck with J&P in Cork.

So u just order and work out trade in value near time ?

• Advertisement

Effectively yes, that is what they are taking orders on. You pay a deposit not knowing what the actual price is going to be at time of delivery.

karl goodwin just sold x2 new model RR sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭NSAman

Honestly, I had an RR Sport and went to the Full RR. The difference is massive in terms of comfort, especially on long journeys (states based). Was in my dealers a few weeks ago getting the first service (25K intervals recommended here, only have 10K on mine). They wanted to purchase mine for more than I bought it for. Only problem was that there is a 18month waiting list for similar. They had ONE car to sell, that was a new RR Sport. Comparing it to the two RR's they had (which were already sold) it is a nice looking car, however, its still not the full RR.

Interiors are an upgrade. Seats are more comfortable in the Sport, (always found them a little hard on long journeys). THe look is much nicer than the old RR Sport and the interior is a definite upgrade on both.

The Velar unless it is spec'ed with everything is a little bland for my liking.

Source?

J&P have told me they have sold 40 of them, they just won’t have them for a year.

photos on carzone - he also bought a new model full fat RR from famous uk dealer Tom Hartleyat a premium .

• Advertisement

johnson and perrott have a new model Range Rover in their compound . Someone on here said it would be a year before it arrives here , though its possibly going to be their demo model just as dealers have only demo RR sport models in stock.

They have very few new LRs in stock considering 2023 reg plates just around the corner , good to see new Jaguar models though back in showrooms - f pace and i pace .

It’s for demo only, Duffy’s have had a RRS for a few weeks, you can see it advertised on their website and “Not For Sale” . It isn’t unusual for dealers to get a new car for demo in advance of deliveries arriving. If you go to LR UK website, they show delivery times for each vehicle, RR and RRS are now up to 12mths for new orders in UK.

https://www.joeduffy.ie/vehicle/land-rover-range-rover-sport-222d20913-8034

ok but i am talking about the full fat Range rover

Neither is landing here until late 2023.

Out of curiosity, if you have such an interest in them, why don’t you just go in and ask the sales team? Unless something has changed in the last two weeks, they are quoting 2024 for delivery of both RRs to customers for new orders, and they are still not committing to price or trade in values.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭divillybit

@Frankie19 just wondering what your experience was like with the plug in hybrid and why its a waste of time?

I know a few people who have fine new hybrids but I get the impression that they are disappointed with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭jmreire

Yes, I think so. Keep the receipts for the engine oil, date of service and mileage. When you think that now we are in the age of long life engine oils, and 20'000 + klm service intervals, I wonder what's the big issue with Landrover engines going "bust"( excuse the pun) I always serviced my own car's, and never had any problems with them, and that includes several different makes, VW, Ford, MB, Skoda etc. I can't understand how LL / RR oil and filter change can be so expensive? Maybe there's other items included? Filters, Brake Pad's etc? Running computerized diagnostics tests?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭Frankie19

It takes about 2 hours to charge with a standard charger ( 45 mins fast charge) and I'm only getting about 40k out of it.In hybrid mode going from home in Meath to work in Eastpoint which is a 50 min drive the electric is gone and I'm running on petrol before I get there. So for me it's taking longer to charge then what I get out of it.

I mostly just run on petrol these days as I just can't be bothered to charge it every day for so little gain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Warranty isn't the big concern on LandRovers - it's goodwill. If you have vehicles serviced outside of the dealer network but comply with the EU Block Exemption requirements, they can't turn down warranty claims.

When the warranty has expired and the engine throws up an expensive to fix problem, if it doesn't have a full main dealer service history, LandRover Ireland won't entertain any claim for goodwill. That "expensive" LandRover main dealer service might turn out to be the best investment ever...

same with most brands and understandable

To be honest ROR, I’ve bought a few of these new over the years, I’ve never experienced any form of goodwill in all that time. I’ve been charged for every single item I could be. I don’t expect any to be honest, but I’ve never received any.

• Advertisement

bad form from dealer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Was up the road to the Sally Gap yesterday and I have to say it was the best advert Range Rover could have asked for: Range Rovers, Discoverys (and to be fair the odd Toyota Land Cruiser) having no bother while some poor chap who risked taking his Jaguar F Pace beyond the "Road Impassable" sign went off into a ditch then when trying to get back down after being helped out of it played pinball off the ditches on both sides before finding himself stuck again. Have no idea if he got out in the end or had to abandon it but from the looks of the side of the car we saw and the noises coming from underneath as he tried moving it was a seriously expensive mistake...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭jmreire

I understand that manufacturers differ in how they handle claims and "Good Will", but in some models even years after the event, a manufacturer, Mercedes Benz for example, will honor recognized claims which were the manufacturers fault. Rusting rear sub-frames in their E class was such a fault, even when well outside the warranty time, years in some cases, they will replace such sub-frames as they were faulty manufacture from day 1. Now, for RR and LR ( of which I have no experience BTW) when a regular problem presents itself, over time, that fault should have been eliminated, but this does not seem to be what's happening with RR/LR. as far as I can see?

might have been FWD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Probably, certainly didn't appear to have a low range gearbox and was hopefully a good advert to all around that just because some over-sized shopping trolley looks a bit like an off-road capable vehicle, doesn't mean that it is.

when i hear people calling dusters and Qashquis jeeps i dont know whether to laugh or cry

Advertisement