Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting for Approval

Options
  • 27-09-2021 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

Hi

I was trying to make a payment to a company using my credit card, and it was held while I went to the BOI App on the phone to tap, and then swipe. No notification appeared so I was unable to use my credit card.

I tried again with my Visa debit card and this went through instantly, without asking for me to tap and swipe. The amount was for over €700.

Is there a difference between using a credit card and a debit card for certain transactions?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Thanks cbreeze for getting in touch with us.

If you are using the primary device, a push notification should be received for the credit card transaction - if it's prompted by the retailer.

If you are not using the primary device, it should also allow you to tap on the Awaiting for Approval on home screen of App to swipe to approve. Just check that you have notifications enabled on your device first for this.

The swipe to approve will need to be actioned in quick succession to the transaction request or it may time out on you. If you continue to have difficulties with the credit card swiping for approval, you can send us a PM with your full name, Branch current account is linked to and contact number. We can arrange for the Team to give you a call.

Hoping the above helps,

Many thanks

Alison

Advertisement