Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Nations Belfast

Comments

Pockets aren't that generous in this comp, yet, somehow when a ball hits the knuckle at a not so hard pace, but looks favourite to stay out, it tends to drop moreso than on other tables/comps...... That's how it seems to me anyway...

Higgins with the first clearcut chance, although Yan didn't have much to go for early on...

Yan's gonna 'Higgins' Higgins, by stealing the frame on the black 😊 Gwan Yan!!

That's one there for Angles in the mid-session synopsis.... Yan went into the bunch pretty weakly.... Great red to the middle though! He's having to pull out a few early on in frame 2, with him running out of position... And misses the brown.... Chance here for John...

Twice in consecutive nights Higgins comes from 2-0 down to attain parity... Should be an entertaining conclusion...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

In a hotel in Belfast with zero sound insulation ahead of gong to the final tomorrow. Pumping base from the bar driving me nuts all evening. A lot to be said for Eurosport and your own couch!

• Advertisement

Bloody plastercardboard walls should be outlawed, especially in adjoining, yet separate accommodations... It's inhumane imo.

This 'sporting' / 'declaring a foul on oneself' craic is way overrated.... Even if it's not spotted by the referee, or the opponent, or indeed anyone in the audience; the percentage call is for the player to call it himself; because, at least 8 (if not more) times out of 10 it'll be picked up by the camera.. That's my take on it 😊 The optics don't look good to the player concerned when rumbled - ask Ronnie 😂

Higgins is making a lot of mistakes, but still winning... Should he prevail, at anything north of evens - could be 5/4 or 11/8, but I'll take 11/10 - I'm backing his opponent Mark Allen😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭waynescales1

I actually love listening to O’Sullivan talking about how good Higgins is.

”This geezer...”

Ronnie's in his element... Could be a comedian - "I wouldn't want to be with him in a room for a week" 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭mrunsure

How do you think Rachel Casey has done in her first week as main presenter? I think she's settled into the role very well and has a very warm personality.

I think Rachel is very very good as the main presenter,,,, Is far more measured and less giddy than Colin Murray - he's always getting excited and trying to get the 'banter' going , I don't miss Andy Goldstein either, i find him a bit dour and forgettable... Fair play to Rachel - she's doing very well imo... She also presents on Racing TV fairly regular too, and, being Irish and not a minority (which is getting to be a prerequisite nowadays) I'm sure if the horsey station and Eurosport didn't think she was good enough, she wouldn't have those gigs that she's well deservant of.. She doesn't ask any stupid questions either, which is a plus... A definite 👍️from me.. Hon Rachel 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Goldstein and Murray were better. They had a better rapport with the pundits. Better sense of humour too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

I liked Murray too, but sure he's gone now. It's a pity.

Hoping Mark Allen can do it tommorow but think Higgins grinding out the results is looking a bit ominous. Willo had sent him packing 4-0 if he hadn't missed that cut on the red Thursday.

Sounds like Higgins was getting a bit of abuse off the crowd today? Couldn’t hear exactly what was said but it was mentioned a few times during the coverage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Genghis

I was there. It was just yobos shouting out his name (nothing else) at inappropriate times and frequency, he gave them a glare, the ref asked them to quieten down and a few mins later security removed them. They were trying their best to be rowdy, they were not genuine support.

Pretty sure it's happened before at that 'tourney' , esp late evening /night when Allen's playing; that some of the 'fans' blurt out something, or get their phones sounding off etc, when the opponent is on a crucial shot... Have only seen Allen play once this week, and that was yest afternoon, but now that he's in the final, and with the evening session, plus likely a crowd on three (maybe even all) sides , I can well see folk trying to put Higgins off.. It aint right, but if it does happen, it won't be unexpected..

Hope Allen does win fair and square though.... A shoutout to all those up in Belfast! With a bit of luck folk like Z managed to get a bit of kip in his below par digs 😁... A lot to be said for your own couch to be sure.. personally I couldn't be comfortable attending a snooker match, and having to be quiet as a Church mouse 😊

A hopeful prediction Allen to win 9-4..

A good start for The Pistol 😊 2 up early doors!

Allen making the most of his chances and 3-1 up.. Playing the correct shots I feel, and not going for kamikaze crowdpleasing ones..... Very risk laden, and low percentage red that Higgins went for, and cost him the last frame. Hasn't done much wrong apart from that tho..

• Advertisement

Higgins making numerous mistakes, Allen should be targeting 6-2 here. Get one hand on the trophy before Higgins finds form.

Yes Allen not putting the foot down at times, and may regret that tonight.

Very impressed with Allen's safety play so far!

I hope that was a Boards member who got the crowd laughing there!

Higgins is something else...

It was an impressive clearance. Not sure it's the greatest ever.

He went for it as a missed red was 3-5. The green was tough and the brown to blue was one of the shots of the tournament.

Yeah that brown was excellent.

I think I’d go to a snooker event just to hear that MC Phil Seymour live, his voice and enthusiasm are hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

Allen strikes back, could be a great final session...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Allen would want to lay off the biscuits

• Advertisement

Higgins' positional play not great tonight... A few very good pots alright... Allen's never been behind, which is good... He's had a 'steely focus' about him all day long..

Advertisement