Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legit website ???

Options
  • 28-09-2021 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭

I dont know what category/topic to post this on but, Im looking at buying a new Alienware TactX mouse now for ages pretty rare for them to pop up on Ebay and Adverts.ie Anyway I found a random website from a quick google images search and found the mouse brand new for 94 euro from this website https://www.tabletphonecase.com/alienware-tactx-usb-laser-mouse Just wondering if this is a legit website I contacted customer support and received an email back pretty quick. It says it is a secure website or is this to good to be true ??? What do you guys think ?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Some aspects look positive, some look odd.

The domain has been around for 8 years, with the last update being early last year. That bodes well.

The domain registration details are hidden through a privacy registrar, which is a little dodgy for a company to do.

They're in Hong Kong, yet use a US contact number.

They have no real brand name of their own, and use a very generic domain and company name.

They look to be a tiny little, barely scraping-by company. Probably not a scam, I would think, even if it's a bit half assed in how they run things.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Thanatosgratus

Looks like they have a lot of knockoff items https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/tabletphonecase.com

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Try googling them and you'll have your answer.

Advertisement