Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VM Horizon Box Offline

Options
  • 28-09-2021 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

My Virgin Media Horizon box displays "offline" (in red). My modem seems fine, no red flags there. When I go into settings/ set up home network/Ethernet it says "Ethernet not connected to my box. I bought a new ethernet for €20 but this has not solved the problem.

Any suggestions would be most helpful, cannot do with my beloved Netflix for much longer 😕

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Try a different ethernet on the back.

Switch to WiFi for the box for now. If you've tried ankthor cable with the same result there could be sokethin wrong with the port, would usually say that is unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jaycee2421

Yes Wildcard, I bought a new cable but same result, thanks anyway.

Is it easy to switch to WiFi, my stnd-up white VM modem box has a white light at the bottom, is this normal?

My signal seems fine as I have an old laptop and it picks up google fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

It should be easy, I'm not near my box at the moment but go to Settings and there should be an option to be connected over Wi-Fi, menu bake might be Network Settings...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jaycee2421

OK, thanks Wildcard, will do that, I have booked a VM technician for Monday afternoon to fix it (2 hours waiting on the 1908 helpline!!!!!), thanks for all your help👍️

Advertisement