Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Enforced Contract change. Surely not.

Options
  • 28-09-2021 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Today received notice of contract change by letter.

Moving me from Eir Talktime Control to New Plan, Eir Talk Off-Peak Mobile with new higher charges.

I have 3 problems with this notification. 

1, A Contract is a contract. Surely you cant be shoved off a contract arbitrarily, surely it can only be done by consent.

2, There is no start date mentioned.

3, The most interesting of all is that the phone in question is a fixed land line and not a Moblie!

Appreciate any comments.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

1. They can change the contract, as that will have been one of the terms of the original contract. They can't force you to accept the new contract though, so you can simply move to a different provider now even if you are within the term of the original one.
    2. They do have to tell you that at some point, perhaps this was an initial notification of an upcoming change, or the date may be in a linked T&C document.
    3. I believe the "mobile" bit refers to this being a call package that includes mobile calls, not that it is a contract for mobile phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭the watchman

thank you .

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭the watchman

cant seem to edit my last post with this new boards version.

juat to say that the notification was a letter via post mail.

thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

This was a big thing with O2 back in the day when it was bought by 3. They can't enforce the contract and you are free to leave.

Advertisement