Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems opening websites from phone.

Options
  • 28-09-2021 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

I am connected to Eir Fibre Wifi but I have problems opening Irish websites on the phone while connected to wifi.Some of the sites are Rte, Irish Independent and Lottery.I can open Irish Times etc no problem.If I disconnect the Wifi theres no problem.There are two phones in House both Samsung and on Vodafone network,,.I rang both Eir and Vodafone but no joy,.Would anyone have any ideas of what the problem might be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Does the other phone have the same issue while connected to the wifi?

Do you have other devices that you can check if they have issues too?

It sounds like a DNS issue with eir but I could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭MAYOMICK

Both phones have same issues.Irish sites only.I have a laptop but there are no problems with that.I rang both Eir and Vodafone.Eir done usual tests and reset modem but no good.Vodafone are to check it out further and have promised to come back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

At a quick guess, you're resolving the v6 address but unable to access their v6 IP. Disable IPV6 as a test.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭MAYOMICK

I rang eir and they sorted it by doing something with IPV6.Thanks for your advice.

Advertisement