Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

song meaning-don't take my .rugs away by Mr Rob Dawson

• 28-09-2021 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I would like to ask you guys for help. I like this song I mentioned in title line. I can't paste link to this song cause I am new here but if you type title and the name of the singer you will find this song possible on the composers account. I have troubles to understand message included in some sentences. Can you help me please ?

Don't Take My Drugs Away

Don't take my drugs away

I hardly seen through yesterday

How the **** am I supposed to see tomorrow?

1) Does he mean above that he struggled to survive in life yesterday and without drugs he is unlikely to survive the next day ?

Cold turkey doesn't fit

No, it makes me feel like **** ****

So no drugs to share, or even to borrow...

2) Does he mean above that eating cold turkey doesn't make him feel good and he would prefer to have some drugs instead but they are unavailable for some reason ?

Monday morning I'm out the door

I'm on the 13 of the score

3) Does he mean above that there are 13 people ahead of him as he is queing to see the doctor ?

And I do hope that I can get some physeptone

The Doctor he hands me my scripts

Sure I'm out the door fully equipped

Drop down to the post office to make a profit

4) I don't understand completely what he means when he says ' Drop down to the post office to make a profit' Can you help me with this one please ?

(Nobody move)

Don't take my drugs away

Cold turkey doesn't fit

All their friends thinks the life's at ease

They don't know they've H.I.V.

5) Whose friends think that life is at ease ?

We live a life of misery and sorrow

Though it is a bleeding shame

Sure ya know they'll do the same again

6) Does he mean here that people who take drugs will take them again in near future ?

And the people doing this til they reach tomorrow

But tomorrow never comes... sure it never does son

7) I don't get those two lines above. Can you help me please ? Does he imply that people who take drugs promise to themselves that they will stop taking drugs tomorrow but tomorrow they will take drugs again thinking that they will quit the day after tomorrow ?

Don't take my drugs away

Cold turkey doesn't fit

Advertisement