Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a Network for cloud gaming.

Options
  • 29-09-2021 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Recently bought a Chromecast with Google TV for playing Stadia, Googles cloud gaming platform.

I have two wired access points in the house. One in the sitting room which is a direct connection, which works extremely well, unfortunately the missus doesn't appreciate gaming the same way I do.

My connection up stairs is a powerline which the speeds are decent 75 Mps download but latency is quite high and I'm experiencing lag, also the speeds are not stable.

My WIFI speeds have dropped massively since moving to Eir and I cannot separate the 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks, on Vodafone I could separate the two and Stadia worked relatively OK as my 5ghz speeds where consistent at about 80-90 Mbps. Also having major WIFI issues in two of the bedrooms which had no problems with the previous provider.

Would a WIFI mesh system:

Provide a consistent speed to enable cloud gaming ? And take care of some of the bkack spots which have now popped up?

Can anybody recommend a system ?

Any other ideas also welcome

Advertisement