Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen Doors - Manufacturing issue

Options
  • 29-09-2021 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi All,

Would love to get some advice on the following:

So I recently purchased a new kitchen from B&Q on the 12/06/21. When purchasing, it was advised that the majority of the kitchen would arrive on the 26/07/21 (which it did), and that the remaining items will arrive on the 06/09/21 (which it did not).

The remaining items contained 5 cabinet doors (2 of the same, and 3 of the same).

When the initial items arrived, I put the bulk of the kitchen together myself - which the sales advisor from B&Q suggested for me to do, as I can fix the remaining doors when they arrive.

The day after the doors we’re supposed to arrive, I have called B&Q to find out what the situation/hold up was. They informed me that there was a manufacturing issue with the doors, and that they would not know the new delivery date, and that they were contacting the manufacturer to find out what the issue is.

There was a lot of back and forths between then and now, where I have just received word that 3 of the doors will be arriving in 2 weeks time, but the other 2 doors have no been manufactured, and that they have no idea as to when they will be.

The manager from B&Q has offered me a temporary solution (or permanent, if I so wish), whereby they will provide me with a similar type door for the 2 doors that are not arriving. These doors are quite different in style and shape, only the colour remains the same, meaning they will stick out like a sore thumb.

To add some more context, I have also been back to them regarding damaged handles and an issue with the splashback, which has been resolved, but just wanted to point out that I have been having issues throughout this entire process.

Any suggestions on what to do here? I have made a request to find out if it is even an option to replace all of the kitchen cabinet doors for another of our choosing, but the manager did not sound like that is an option.

Should I get a solicitor involved? If so, what should I be looking for as a solution?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭rock22

Quote "Any suggestions on what to do here? I have made a request to find out if it is even an option to replace all of the kitchen cabinet doors for another of our choosing, but the manager did not sound like that is an option."

I would be insisting on this .

The kitchen was bought as a package and B&Q have failed to deliver. Suggest as a compromise that you will accept new , matching doors. Otherwiese ask for a full refund .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Get a solicitor involved?

Seriously?

Really seriously????

Stuff like this happens in life. It is not the end of the world.

Advertisement