Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know what this box is?

Options
  • 29-09-2021 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I am currently on VDSL getting 25 down and 4 up. Its not terrible but there are times it is painful with mutliple people at home. Eir/Siro says my house cant get anything more than that and a survey from NBI isnt planned until 2025/2026. The next road over can get FTTH and when I was out walking today I saw the DP (? the black one) box and thought I followed a thick cable from it to the box below. That cream box is literally across the road from my house so was curious if anyone knows what it is and if its related to FTTH. Maybe if it is I could give Eir a call and convince them to extend the FTTH one road over.

A few poles down the road has one of these on it and I think a thick cable runs to it from the one above...

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,543 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

The box in the first pic is just a copper junction box. Unfortunately eir won't extended fibre to your area as it's an NBP intervention area.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭brimur69

Thanks, my house is not actually in an intervention area. NBI is scheduled to survey the area I live in 2025/2026 according to their site but according to their reports I can get 30Mb so I am not included. I emailed them telling them on a good day I get 24/25Mb at most but they didnt reply. Do you think not being in an intervention area might mean Eir would consider extending?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,543 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

In that case you might be in eir's 200k rollout, those caught between the NBP and eir's urban IFN, recently announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭brimur69

That would be great. Is there somewhere to check that? I looked for a support email address for Eir but could not find one. Thanks

Advertisement