Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Book Of Boba Fett - Disney+ (**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,510 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I think Fennec is a more interesting character. and a much better actor. a prequel show based on her could be interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

They could set it 30 years earlier and still have Ming Na Wen in the role.

I theorised yesterday that TBOBF is maybe just a one-season show to help expand the Star Wars shows in general, but I really hope that doesn't mean it's the last we see of Fennec Shand. Does she split from Fett, do we actually get a Season 2 of TBOBF? Who knows.

If anything I think they should proceed with some type of Stories from Star Wars type of show; smaller intersecting stories featuring different characters in different places crossing paths. They're introducing some great characters, hard to see how they'll keep just being shoe-horned into The Mandalorian and Ashoka Tano's shows. Only so much Mando can keep coming back to Tatooine, especially since Cara Dune Poochie'd herself out of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭forumdedum

So what about the people who are Mandalorian fans and stopped (or don't) watch Boba?

Probably be a recap at the start of Season 3, and have Mando explain what happened to someone else, same way Mando had to explain how he got the Darksabre to the other Mandalorians in Episode 5. But it's definitely going the same way as the MCU where you're pretty much just expected to watch everything to get all the references. I'm starting to think it might even be worth watching the animated shows like Clone Wars etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭forumdedum

I tried watching some of the animation but just couldn't take to it. I would consider myself a massive Star Wars fan. Really enjoyed Mando 1 & 2 and those 2 episodes in Boba. Otherwise finding Boba a snoozefest. Can't bring myself to watch the prequels again. Then again Newcastle fans still attend their matches :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

There's obvously a lot of good in that episode. Spending time with Luke (best de-aging work so far) and Grogu, R2-D2, seeing Mando go to visit Grogu, the order 66 flashback, Yoda's saber... all that was real fanservice stuff to see. It just felt a bit empty TBH. I don't know is it because this is supposed to be Boba Fett's show, or did it just lean too much into "memberberries" territory but outside of the "oh cool look at that" moments... it felt a bit disjointed, like it was trying really quickly to line up all these characters for the final showdown in the series. Maybe the first 4 episodes would have been better served doing some of that, rather than introducing us to the Power Rangers kids, or the dull scenes with the Mayor and his aide.

The new bad guy looks class btw. Real menace about him. Again though, just quickly shoved in at the last minute when he could have been an interesting lurking villain in the background of the opening episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hamill didn't take part in any of the on set acting for the episode it was actor Graham Hamilton doing all the live action stuff and then the cgi deaging of Hamill's face was added in postproduction on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Struggling a bit with it lately.

I know Star Wars was always aimed at kids and when I saw it first I was the right age and I'm still a fan of sorts. And you have to watch the Mandalorian and Boba with that in mind and just accept it or not watch it.

But the last episode was bit much for my taste while the one before was probably the best episode so far.

Although Luke in that episode was probably the best human animation I've seen yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Graham also appeared as the new "cop" in last week's episode.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Was the stone building supposed to looklike the buildings Luke was living in on Skellig Michael ?

Has to be a deliberate copy of the design, but then why did Luke build a whole village worth of those huts on Skellig Michael when it was just him and the porgs and fish people living there? Surely the fish people had their own hovels for living in before Luke arrived so didn't need him to build huts for them.

• Advertisement

The huts on Skellig Michael were there before Luke, as that planet is an old Jedi location. Hence why the Jedi texts were there. I think I read those fish people were also historically servants of the Jedi on that planet.

I don't think the hut the robots were building on this other planet were meant to directly be like those huts, but are just simple types of structures those robots could easily build, as they were just gathering large stones and stacking them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

people need to really think for themselves, even about the littlest of details...

why were the huts there, why the shape of the huts... use your imagination...

I loved the last 2 episodes, Bravo Favreau and Filoni..

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cannonballTaffyOjones

So I presume eventually Grogu will get killed by Kylo Ren ?

I hope it doesn't go down this road, but can't see any other way ..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Bit of wookipedia and seems that Skellig Michael is essentially the jedi "homeworld". So I guess the spider building droids had the plans for a jedi house already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Relikk

Not if he chooses to go with Din Djarin (which probably will happen, they won't let that vacated droid port on the Naboo Starfighter go to waste), and I'm pretty sure either in the movie that shall not be named, or in some canon material that Luke said Ben Solo was the first student of the new Jedi academy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

As much as it was no great loss this time, I really hope they get better at integrating the larger canon more organically in future series. There's few enough episodes (8) without sidelining future title characters like Ashoka , Obi etc in their own shows for what are fanpleasing but but not terribly well written cameos for future shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Side tangent I know but let's face it the past two weeks have been a side tangent.

Has there been any indication that Hayden Christensen and Rosario Dawson are going to be sharing screen time in any series? I'd love for the live action versions of Anakin and Ashsoka to meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Useless Lump

I’m annoyed to ****.

the Luke/Grogu/Ashoka stuff was great and most of the time Luke’s face was flawless

but Less than half the episode was about what was happening on Tatooine and Morrison didn’t even have any dialogue

Jesus between last weeks episode and this they an 80 to 90 minute movie for a Mando Christmas special - imagine if they had dropped this on Christmas Day? The presence of Luke alone would have melt the internet

And I get turning to Cobb and his town because they have an interest in keeping the Pykes out (and Boba might make sure they are left alone) but they didn’t even hire any other bounty hunters?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Episode 3 and oh dear god. At first blush, those power ranger cool kids on their mopeds must be the single more embarrassing thing Star Wars has done in years. Even as a story beat it was terrible; truly one of the lamest power grabs I've seen put to screen. Does Fett even have a plan? And weirdly, the stupid "keep an eye" joke was a capper on this whole turd. Let's truly undercut Fett's apparent status with him apologising to a lackie. Robert Rodriguez deserves the blame I'd say for the spy kids rubbish - but Jon Favreau wrote the damn script.

I was never into the cult of Boba Fett. Cool looking character but that was it.

Only got interested when he and Jango appeared in Episode 2/TCW, revealed that he is the Clones and the Jango/Kenobi fight.

I had no desire to see him resurrected but also nothing against it.

I just cannot understand Favereau and Filoni’s thinking with these last two episodes. Book of Boba Fett really needed longer episodes to properly flesh out the story and characters but they devote a whole episode to a guest star and over half of another to characters and story that have nothing to do with Tatooine at all.

• Advertisement

I thought the problem with that cyborg eye moment wasn’t that Boba Fett apologised, it was what the lackey said back - he called Fett “mate” when he should have said “boss”.

I’m now worried that Mando and Grogu are going to be hogging screen time in the Ashoka series too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oh I didn't register that but yeah, that's also setting the wrong tone. I just don't get how messy this show has been a mere 3 episodes in. It's so unfocused and muddled, no clear path towards ... something, while Fett himself seems the most passive, least invested crime boss. He should be dead. Rattling around a giant castle with one effective right hand woman, two pigmen in their undies, and a group of Marketing Department Cool Kids. Every now and again having a stroll outside telling folks he's in charge, cos ... he killed Bobbie Fortune? WTF is this show?

I wasn't gone on Mando season 1 cos it was a bit Episodic and itself without a clear path bit yikes. This is another level of dawdling, pointlessness.

The Mods are new to Star Wars. I like the idea and the designs and I’m fine with the bikes (at least different to regular speeder bikes). The problem with them is the same problem the series has - it is what we are not seeing.

For example, when did cyborg fetish spring up, why are these kids doing it to themselves - what is their background.

Same for Fennec - why did she become an assassin? What exactly is a Master Assassin? What did she do that made her bosses want her dead?

what exactly is Boba a crime lord of? None of the crime families do what he says.

and where is the crime?

The bacta flashbacks are great. They stick to the important points of Fett’s journey and show us Tusken culture.

However the present day stuff is rushed and bare bones. It doesn’t show enough of either the characters or the how the underworld works. What is there is a good foundation, but it is like Favereau forgotten to get bricks to build the actual house.

The scene at the Sanctuary - once the Twi’lek hostess whispers “nothing” to Flashdance, I knew the Pykes were there to plant a bomb but it was a great scene.

however it makes no sense to the story. Why would the Pykes target Flashdance? Fett has been there three times and barely through the door. She paid him tribute like loads of others do but why target her like she is an ally? It only makes sense if the Pykes go after the crime families too.

Does any here have social media that they reach out to Favereau or Filoni and (politely) ask what they sidelined Feet for two episodes of his own show?

Anyone else thinking that the Luke VFX is a test run for having him appear as a main character in the future crossover event series?

Or possibly his own show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

That was an amazing episode! I was avoiding all spoilers going in but I suspected Luke would be in it from something I saw briefly. The cgi / deep fake was incredible at times, and the voice spot on too. The dialogue was a little clunky at times, but that's fair enough. Vast improvement over the cgi when he was in the Mandalorian (hilariously the bit where he has Grogu on his back and climbs up the tree to survey the view was straight out of Twilight 😂)

Nah. This was definitely the best work they've done thus far in terms of the cgi and voice, but it's only good in small doses. If they were going to do a Luke show, they'd be better off hiring someone like Sebastian Stan, have him grow some facial hair (as Luke in The Last Jedi had a beard and it'd help hide that he's not Mark Hamill) and do it properly. I don't think anyone would complain with that, it's perfectly understandable. There were still bits in this episode that he looked janky and the voice didn't properly line up with the mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

THAT WAS FAAAXKKKINGGGGG GREAT !!!!

They are actually getting the Star Wars tv shows so right…. it feels like the other tv shows are all going to be mixed together… one big universe… utilise all the characters…

shows what a big galactic skunk those last movies were….. we are actually getting the Luke we want… not a bitter milk beard face…

no more JJ or Cathleen Kennedy….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭xper

Genuinely thought you were using Donegal Irish or something on first read.

I don't partake of the books or cartoons so had no idea of the name.

Advertisement